|No. 59, 52|
|Born:||December 5, 1985|
Daytona Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||239 lb (108 kg)|
|High school:||Maynard Evans|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 7 / Pick: 240|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com · PFR|
Brandon T. Siler (born December 5, 1985) is an American former college and professional football player who was a linebacker in the National Football League (NFL) for six seasons. He played college football for the University of Florida, where he was a member of the Gators' 2006 national championship team. He was chosen by the San Diego Chargers in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft, and also played for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Siler was born Daytona Beach, Florida. He attended Evans High School in Orlando, Florida, where he was a star high school football player for the Evans Trojans. His grandfather, Herb Siler, was a heavyweight boxer in the 1960s.
Siler accepted a scholarship to attend his home-state University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Ron Zook and coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football from 2004 to 2006. His impact was felt early, as he started six games as a freshman, and he was recognized as the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman of the Year. The Gators' new head coach Urban Meyer replaced Zook for Siler's sophomore season in 2005, and Siler amassed seven fumble recoveries. His play during his junior season in 2006 helped the 13–1 Gators win the SEC Championship Game and the 2007 BCS National Championship Game, and he earned second-team All-SEC and third-team All-American honors from the Associated Press. Siler was known for his work-ethic, energy and leadership on the field.
Siler was projected as a second–to–third round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft. However, he was drafted by the San Diego Chargers 240th overall in the seventh and final round of the 2007 NFL Draft.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 1+5⁄8 in
|4.62 s||1.56 s||2.66 s||4.39 s||7.34 s||30+1⁄2 in
|9 ft 1 in
|All values from NFL Combine, except 20ss and BP, which are from Florida Pro Day.|
Siler, who also served as the backup long snapper, earned a spot on the Chargers roster. In 2007, he contributed on special teams, gathering the second-highest number of special-teams tackles. In 2008, he continued excelling on special teams and received more time on defense. His playing time expanded with the four-game suspension of Stephen Cooper.
On July 31, 2011, Siler signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. He was placed on the injured reserve list due to an Achilles tendon rupture on August 25, and appeared in no games during the 2011 season. Siler played in 16 games in 2012, starting four. His contract expired after the 2012 NFL season, and he was not re-signed. In five NFL seasons, Siler played in 74 games, started 16 of them, and compiled 180 tackles, two interceptions, and three recovered fumbles.
- 2006 Florida Gators football team
- History of the San Diego Chargers
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators in the NFL Draft
- List of Kansas City Chiefs players
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Brandon Siler. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 80–81, 89, 97, 99, 102, 153–154, 185 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "Four Gator Defenders Earn AP All-SEC Honors, Harvin Takes Freshman Of The Year Award", GatorZone.com, December 4, 2006, archived from the original on September 24, 2015, retrieved July 6, 2020
- "Brandon Siler Draft Profile", Sports Illustrated, April 2007
- Sullivan, Mike (May 7, 2007), "Devastated by fall, Siler looks to rise", North County Times, archived from the original on April 16, 2010, retrieved January 11, 2010
- "2007 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved May 11, 2023.
- *Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida - 2007 NFL Draft Scout Profile, Powered by The SportsXchange Archived March 15, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Acee, Kevin (April 16, 2008), "Linebacker will sit out season's first four games", San Diego Union-Tribune
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.