|• Total||10.5 sq mi (27.3 km2)|
|• Land||10.4 sq mi (26.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||112 ft (34 m)|
|• Density||2,100/sq mi (811.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||279358|
Brent is a census-designated place (CDP) in Escambia County, Florida, United States. The population was 21,804 at the 2010 census. It is a principal city of the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community is named after Francis Celestino Brent, who played an integral role in the development of Pensacola.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 10.5 square miles (27.3 km2), of which 10.4 square miles (26.9 km2) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.4 km2), or 1.58%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 22,257 people, 7,008 households, and 4,800 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,132.4 people per square mile (823.1/km2). There were 7,796 housing units at an average density of 746.9/sq mi (288.3/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 59.87% White, 34.25% African American, 0.74% Native American, 2.28% Asian, 0.27% Pacific Islander, 0.47% from other races, and 2.13% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.95% of the population.
There were 7,008 households, out of which 32.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.7% were married couples living together, 22.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.5% were non-families. 25.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 23.8% under the age of 18, 24.1% from 18 to 24, 23.4% from 25 to 44, 17.2% from 45 to 64, and 11.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 27 years. For every 100 females, there were 84.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 78.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $27,488, and the median income for a family was $31,250. Males had a median income of $26,390 versus $18,637 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $11,774. About 20.5% of families and 24.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 37.9% of those under age 18 and 12.8% of those age 65 or over.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Brent CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 10, 2020. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "METROPOLITAN STATISTICAL AREAS AND COMPONENTS, December 2005, WITH CODES". Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- A biography of Francis Celestino Brent and Mary Ella Shuttleworth. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Obituary of Francis Celestino Brent. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- http://www.city-data.com/city/Brent-Florida.html city-data.com
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brent, Florida
- Boundary Map and Geodata for the CDP of Brent in Florida Archived 2014-05-17 at the Wayback Machine. MapTechnica. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Escambia County School District Archived 2005-03-19 at the Wayback Machine