Brijlal was born in 1884 in Allahbad and he grew up in Anand Bhawan. Brijlal, had been sent to Oxford in 1905 to compete for the Indian Civil Service by Motilal Nehru. He was a senior officer of the Audit and Accounts Service. After his retirement, he served Finance Minister of Princely State of Jammu & Kashmir during reign of Maharaja Hari Singh.
Brijlal died in 1964, the same year in which his illustrious cousin died.
- "Prominent Kashmiris". The Kashmir Education Culture & Science. Archived from the original on 13 June 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Two Alone , Two Together : Letters Betwe By Sonia Gandhi ( Ed.). 2004. p. xxii.
- Nationalism, Education and Migrant Identities: The England-returned By Sumita Mukherjee. 2009. p. 41.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954–2013)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014.
- Vijay Prashad, The Darker Nations: A People's History of the Third World, 53.
- "Governors of Gujarat: details of the life sketch of B.K. Nehru". Rajbhavan (Govt of India). Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Brij Lal Nehru (c.1884 - 1964)