The station was launched in 1998 by Tri-Tel Communications as FM 104.9 CJWL, and moved to its current frequency in 2000. In 2003, CJWL and its sister station CHPB in Cochrane were purchased by their owner, Haliburton Broadcasting Group.
On April 23, 2012 Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
Current operation status of CFIF-FM is unknown. It is believed that CFIF-FM 101.1 FM is a rebroadcaster of CHPB-FM Cochrane.
- Decision CRTC 2000-154
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2003-580
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Moose FM stations - Vista Radio
- Moose FM
- CFIF-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFIF-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|