|Occupation(s)||Journalist, television presenter|
Caren Miosga (born 11 April 1969) is a German journalist and television presenter.
Early life and education
After completing her studies, Miosga worked for several radio stations – Radio Schleswig-Holstein (R.SH), Radio Hamburg and N-Joy – and the television channel RTL Television North. In 1999, she went to NDR Fernsehen and presented there the Kulturjournal. From May 2006, she hosted ttt Titel, Thesen, Temperamente, the ARD culture magazine.
The following year Miosga succeeded Anne Will and became the new presenter of Tagesthemen, appearing in rotation with successive co-presenters Tom Buhrow (2006–2013), Thomas Roth (2013–2016), and Ingo Zamperoni (2013–2014 and since 2016).
During her time at Tagesthemen, Miosga interviewed Prime Minister Manuel Valls of France on the occasion of his first official visit to Germany in 2014. In 2018, she and Deutsche Welle correspondent Max Hofmann jointly conducted a French-language TV interview with President Emmanuel Macron, his first with a German television channel.
In 2017, Miosga – representing the Tagesthemen editorial staff – was awarded a Goldene Kamera in the category "Best Information". In a 2018 survey conducted by Forsa Institute, she was voted one of Germany's most trusted news presenters.
- "Caren Miosga biography". Munzinger-Archiv GmbH, Ravensburg. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Short biography at tagesschau.de (German)
- Bernd Riegert (9 May 2018), Macron: Mit der EU den USA Paroli bieten Deutsche Welle.
- "'Beste Information': Caren Miosga, Marietta Slomka und Peter Kloeppel". Goldene Kamera (in German). Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- Vertrauenswürdigster Nachrichtenmoderator ist Claus Kleber Der Tagesspiegel, 21 March 2018.
- Joachim Schmitz (24 October 2015), Caren Miosga: Wir haben eine Anfrage aus Hollywood Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung.
- Daniela Zinser: Die Neue (German), Berliner Zeitung, 16 July 2007
- Hamburger Abendblatt Caren Miosga hat ihr zweites Kind (German)