Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute
|Date||26 May 2012|
|Venue||Capital FM Arena, Nottingham, England|
|Title(s) on the line||IBF Super Middleweight Championship|
|Tale of the tape|
|Froch beats Bute by KO in 5th round|
Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute, billed as No Easy Way Out, a professional boxing match contested on 26 May 2012 for the IBF Super Middleweight title at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
The card was a co-production of Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing and Jean Bedard's Interbox promotions and televised via Epix and Sky Sports. Showtime was not interested in this fight. Bute had one fight left on his Showtime deal. Rumours said that Showtime wanted to put on a fight between Lucian Bute and Bernard Hopkins or Andre Ward instead of Froch.
Carl Froch was involved in Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament. He ended up reaching the final, losing to Andre Ward. Then, IBF officially enforced Carl Froch as Lucian Bute's number one mandatory.
Lucian Bute's 3-fight Showtime deal was supposed to culminate in a showdown against the Super 6, but Andre Ward was injured in the final. The American also criticised Bute's record, saying he would need to beat some top opponents to earn the right to face him
Bute agreed then to take a break from his contract with the Showtime channel and to accept what may end up being less than half his usual purse in order to travel to England to face Carl Froch, a two-time WBC champion with established credibility.
"In recent years, I've been criticized for only fighting at home but we never got offers to go elsewhere and I had to keep boxing," Bute said. "I decided that this time, I'll make my 10th defence in Nottingham."
Despite being the overwhelming underdog with bookmakers, critics and fans around the world, Froch dominated the fight to win the IBF Super-Middleweight championship of the world by TKO in round 5 to become a three-time world champion.
- Super Middleweight Championship Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute (c)
- Froch defeats Bute via KO in 5th round.
- Super-Bantamweight Championship Carl Frampton vs. Raúl Hirales, Jr.
- Frampton defeats Hirales via unanimous decision.
- Light Middleweight bout Erick Ochieng vs. A.A Lowe
- Ochieng defeats Lowe via unanimous decision.
- Light Welterweight bout Mark Loyd vs. Pier-Olivier Côté
- Côté defeats Loyd via KO in 5th round.
- Middleweight bout John Ryder vs. Luke Robinson
- Ryder defeats Robinson via decision.
- Middleweight bout Ryan Aston vs. Paul Samuels
- Aston defeats Samuels via 5th round.
- Welterweight bout Adnan Amar vs. Terry Carruthers
- Carruthers defeats Amar via decision.
- Lightweight bout Scott Cardle vs. Ideh Ockuko
- Cardle defeats Ockuko via decision.
- Featherweight bout Leigh Wood vs. Delroy Spencer
- Lightweight bout Kieran Farrell vs. Jason Nesbitt
- Farrell defeats Nesbitt via decision.
|Costa Rica||Combate Space|
|Czech Republic||Sport 1|
|Denmark||TV 2 Sport|
|Estonia||Viasat Sport Baltic|
|Latvia||Viasat Sport Baltic|
|Lithuania||Viasat Sport Baltic|
|Romania||The Money Channel|
|United Kingdom||Sky Sports|
- ESPN. ESPN.go.com. Retrieved on 2012-03-02
- Boxing Scene. BoxingScene.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-02
- Sky Sports. SkySports.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-19
- Boxing News 24. BoxingNews24.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-16
- "IBF make Carl Froch the number one mandatory to Bute". LiveFight. 9 February 2012.
- Sports Net. SportsNet.ca. Retrieved on 2012-03-21
- "Carl Froch hits back at critics".
- "Underdog Froch demolishes Bute".
- "Froch unhapy about bookmakers having him as the underdog against Bute". Archived from the original on 31 May 2012.
- "Froch annihilates unbeaten Bute". Daily Mail. London. 2012-05-27.
vs. Andre Ward
|Carl Froch's bouts
26 May 2012
vs. Yusef Mack
vs. Glen Johnson
|Lucian Bute's bouts
26 May 2012
vs. Denis Grachev