The gallery was started by Casey Kaplan in 1995, in a single room on an upper floor of an old loft building on Broadway in SoHo. It moved to Greene Street in 1996, to West 14th Street in 2000, to a 5000 sq ft (460 m2) space in Chelsea in 2005, and to West 27th Street, east of Seventh Avenue, in 2015.
Casey Kaplan Gallery represents Kevin Beasley, Matthew Brannon, Jeff Burton, Nathan Carter, Sarah Crowner, N. Dash, Jason Dodge, Trisha Donnelly, Haris Epaminonda, Geoffrey Farmer, Liam Gillick, Giorgio Griffa, Annika Von Hausswolff, Brian Jungen, Mateo López, Jonathan Monk, Marlo Pascual, Diego Perrone, Julia Schmidt, Hugh Scott-Douglas, Simon Starling, David Thorpe, Gabriel Vormstein, Garth Weiser, and Johannes Wohnseifer.
- Carlin, T.J. "Casey Kaplan" Time Out New York, May 3, 2010
- Roberta Smith (April 16, 2015), 10 Galleries to Visit in Chelsea New York Times.
- Kelly Crow (August 29, 2013), Attack of the Giant Art Galleries Wall Street Journal.
- Exhibition Sectors. MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd.
- Gallery: Casey Kaplan. MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd.
- Frieze London 2013: Gallery List. Frieze.