Category:Knights of the Bath
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Knights of the Bath.|
|This is a category listing, which serves as an index of existing Wikipedia articles about recipients of the Order of the Bath.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all recipients.
Only those created a Knight of the Bath prior to 1725 should be added to this category. All others should be assigned to the appropriate category:
- Category:Knights Companion of the Order of the Bath if appointed during the period 1725–1815.
- Category:Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath for applicable appointments after 1815.
- Category:Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath for applicable appointments after 1815.
There are three categories for Knights of the (Order of the) Bath,
- Category:Knights of the Bath - These were special knighthoods conferred on important Royal occasions such as coronations, a practice which had died after the reign of Charles II. These knighthoods predate the modern Order of the Bath.
- Category:Knights Companion of the Order of the Bath (KB) - Knights created in the period between the 'revival'/creation of the Order of the Bath in 1725 and its expansion from a one class order to a three class order in 1815. Those Knights Companion still living in 1815 automatically became Knights Grand Cross.
- Category:Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB) - Since 1815 this has been the second level of the Order of the Bath (ranking below Knights Grand Cross and above Companions). Military officers have been appointed to this rank since 1815, civilians from 1847.
Pages in category "Knights of the Bath"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- William Babington (justice)
- John Backhouse
- Nathaniel Bacon (painter)
- Nathaniel Bacon (painter, fl. 1640)
- Edward Bayntun (died 1679)
- Edmund Bedingfield
- Henry Belasyse (died 1667)
- Henry Nevill, 6th Baron Bergavenny
- Charles Berkeley, 2nd Earl of Berkeley
- Henry Berkeley, 7th Baron Berkeley
- Charles Howard, 2nd Earl of Berkshire
- Peregrine Bertie (MP for Lincolnshire)
- Oliver St John, 1st Earl of Bolingbroke
- Robert Boyd (British Army officer)
- William Brabazon (Leics MP 1313)
- John Egerton, 3rd Earl of Bridgewater
- John Egerton, 1st Earl of Bridgewater
- Fulke Greville, 1st Baron Brooke
- Robert Broughton (died 1506)
- Thomas Bryan (Chief Justice)
- Nicolas Byron
- Christopher Calthorpe
- William Calthorpe
- Sir Alan Cameron of Erracht
- Henry Capell, 1st Baron Capell of Tewkesbury
- Richard Vaughan, 2nd Earl of Carbery
- George Plantagenet, 1st Duke of Clarence
- Thomas of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Clarence
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 1st Baronet
- William Brooke, 12th Baron Cobham
- John Cope (British Army officer)
- Richard Corbet (died 1606)
- John Coventry (died 1685)
- Gregory Cromwell, 1st Baron Cromwell
- William Hankford
- Edward Harley (Parliamentarian)
- Edward Hastings, 2nd Baron Hastings
- John Holcroft (16th-century MP)
- Charles Howard (British Army officer)
- Robert Howard (royalist)
- Robert Howard (playwright)
- Edward Hungerford (spendthrift)
- Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon
- Henry Hastings, 3rd Earl of Huntingdon
- George Hyde (Knight of the Bath)
- Edward Walpole (died 1668)
- John Dudley, 2nd Earl of Warwick
- Henry Wentworth
- Thomas Wentworth, 5th Baron Wentworth
- Francis Fane, 1st Earl of Westmorland
- Mildmay Fane, 2nd Earl of Westmorland
- Vere Fane, 4th Earl of Westmorland
- Richard Weston (treasurer)
- Thomas Wharton (died 1684)
- Edward Stafford, 2nd Earl of Wiltshire
- John Stafford, 1st Earl of Wiltshire
- Andrew Windsor, 1st Baron Windsor