|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Anarchists category.
|WikiProject Philosophy||(Rated Category-class)|
Help Help! Johann MOST is filed under J. it's just not right, is it? cheers JP
- I've fixed this now. The category on the Johann Most page was "Anarchists", to get correct sorting it must be "Anarchists|Most, Johann". 18.104.22.168 16:15, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Why is there a category for Italian-American Anarchists? Is someone tyring to make a point? -Willmcw 01:27, Mar 21, 2005 (UTC)
- erm, what do you want Italian-Americans who are Anarchists to be called? They formed a large - and distinct - group.
Also, i notice there are many more people in the 'list of anarchists' page than the 'anarchists category'... i guess people aren't editing both pages. is there a help guide for that?
- I've just gone through all entries in the list of anarchists and added category "Anarchists" to those entries where I was quite sure that the person is considered to be an Anarchist. Added about forty entries to the category. Didn't remove anybody from the list though. 22.214.171.124 16:15, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Always interesting to see new names, but- Can anyone provide reasons for these lot to be listed here? Benjamin Britten Germaine Greer Mother Jones - Union organiser, yes, but surely a socialist? John Lydon - used the word in a song, hardly subscribed to a philosophy!
- I don't know anything about these specific cases, but it is certainly possible to be a socialist and an anarchist; it was once rather common for anarchists to identify as socialist. Noam Chomsky is a modern example -- he calls himself a "libertarian socialist" but means, by libertarian, anarchist. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:50, 8 December 2006 (UTC).
- Though she was a radical and a unionist Mother Jones didn't consider herself an anarchist: "Although I never endorsed the philosophy of anarchism, I often attended the meetings on the lake shore, listening to what these teachers of a new order had to say to the workers."  Dumpster 22:15, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Juan Garcia Oliver
Files under G for Garcia as per usual Spanish surname rules, please!
- I've fixed it, but for future reference the sorting of articles in categories depends on editing the article, not the category, so future comments like this should go on the relevant article talk page rather than the category talk page. Cheers, -Willmcw 20:19, August 5, 2005 (UTC)
- Dear Willmcw, ta for that, do you think you could explain (for the novice) exactly what needs to be done to the original article? Or is there a 'category filing problem help page' somewhere? cheers - john -
May I ask why? Alexrushfear 22:11, 26 January 2006 (UTC)
Pentti Linkola, Finnish eco-fashist and advocate of total destruction of destruction of civilisation. Anarchist if any.
In 2 separate edits I have:
- Re-cat from: "Politicians by political orientation" ==> to ==> "People by political orientation" (someone questioned this 2 y.a. on the "Politicians" cat page w/o any action taken then -- I do believe it's about time!
- Removed the cat "Anarchist movements" since it is properly only under the philosophy/idea not the professors/followers == that is, "Anarchists" & "Anarchist movements" are both under "Anarchism"