Causa y Efecto
|"Causa y Efecto"|
|Single by Paulina Rubio|
|from the album Gran City Pop|
March 30, 2009 (Radio)March 31, 2009 (Digital)
|Format||Promo, digital download|
|Genre||Pop rock, latin pop, dance|
|Songwriter(s)||Mario Domm, Mónica Vélez|
|Paulina Rubio singles chronology|
"Causa y Efecto" (English: Cause and Effect) is a song performed by Mexican singer Paulina Rubio. The song was recorded for her ninth studio album Gran City Pop, and was released as the lead single on March 30, 2009. Causa y Efecto became a hit reaching number 1 in the U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Songs and Hot Latin Airplays. Causa y Efecto was produced by Cachorro López and written by Mario Domm and Mónica Vélez. "Causa y Efecto" is Rubio's first number one single in the Billboard Hot Latin Songs since Ni Una Sola Palabra in 2006. "Causa y Efecto" was awarded "Song of the year pop/ballad" by ASCAP.
An English version of the song titled "Cause and Effect" will be released on Paulina's next bilingual album.
Release and promotion
"Causa y Efecto", debuted in radio stations on March 30. The song was performed for the first time on April 23, 2009 at the Latin Billboard Music Awards 2009, Rubio was one of the most expected artists of the night. Rubio also performed the song in a private concert at the Gotham Hall in New York City on May 11 promoting Gran City Pop. The concert was presented by Univision Radio.
Rubio performed the song at the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting, singing a "spanglish" version of the song. She performed parts of the Spanish version and others of an unreleased English version. An English version of the song was released on a remix of the song, the George Figares Radio Mix.
- CD Single
- "Causa y Efecto" [Album version] - 3:27
The song debuted at number 40 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs, the next week the song jumped at #26, obtaining the highest 'jump' of the week on the chart. The song peaked #1 for five consecutive weeks and it's her fourth #1 and her twelfth top ten hit on Hot Latin songs. It debuted at #22 and peaked at #1 on the Billboard Latin Pop Airplay.
In Spain, the single debuted at #43, and has peaked at #7 based on downloads alone. On May 9, 2009, Causa y Efecto entered at the Spanish Airplay Chart at #7 as the highest debut of that week, and peaked at #1 for three consecutive weeks.
The music video for "Causa y Efecto" was directed by the Austrian director Rudi Dolezal. The video was filmed in Miami, Florida during the month of March at M3 Studios. The video premiered worldwide on May 7 and in the U.S on the channel MTV Tres.
|Mexico (Monitor Latino)||1|
|Spanish Airplay Chart||1|
|Spanish Singles Chart||7|
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||4|
|U.S. Billboard Heatseeker Songs ||23|
|U.S. Billboard Tropical Songs ||29|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Songs||1|
|U.S. Billboard Latin Pop Airplay||1|
|U.S. Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay||6|
Sales and certifications
- "Paulina Rubio launches the single Causa y Efecto" In Spanish
- "Billboard.com - Paulina Rubio Discography"
- "Causa y efecto Pop/Ballad Song of the year by ASCAP"
- Billboard Latin Music Awards celebrated on thursday Archived 2009-04-28 at Archive.is
- "Paulina Rubio causes effect at the Big Apple"
- Causa y Efecto Spanglish - Paulina Rubio en Inglés - Shareholders' Meeting -Live
- Paulina Rubio Cause & Effect (George Figares Radio Mix)
- Top Music Charts - Hot 100 - Billboard 200 - Music Genre Sales
- "Paulina Rubio obtains the highest jump on the Hot Latin Songs"
- "Worldwide Premiere of Paulina Rubio new video clip Causa y Efecto on May the 7th" - Paulina Rubio's My Space
- "Exclusive US Premiere of Paulina Rubio’s New Video Clip" Universal Music Latin.
- "Mantiene Paulina Rubio su "Causa y efecto" en primer lugar radial". Vanguardia. 2009-07-13. Archived from the original on 2012-09-19.
- "Promusicae Top 20 Radio Chart - Week 21, 2009"[permanent dead link]
- "Promusicae Top 50 Download Singles Chart - Week 24, 2009"[permanent dead link]
- Paulina Rubio charted singles. Billboard.