Chadron Municipal Airport
Chadron Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Chadron|
|Elevation AMSL||3,298 ft / 1,005 m|
Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 2,152 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 1,875 in 2009 and 1,769 in 2010. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation facility (the commercial service category requires at least 2,500 enplanements per year).
Chadron Municipal Airport covers 716 acres (290 ha) at an elevation of 3,298 feet (1,005 m). It has two concrete runways: 2/20 is 5,998 by 100 feet (1,828 x 30 m) and 11/29 is 4,400 by 75 feet (1,341 x 23 m).
In the year ending July 31, 2011 the airport had 7,665 aircraft operations, average 21 per day: 69% general aviation, 16% airline, 9% air taxi, and 6% military. 18 aircraft were then based at this airport: 94% single-engine and 6% multi-engine.
Airline and destination
Great Lakes Airlines flew to Denver International Airport, connecting to United Airlines and Frontier Airlines, which both had codeshare agreements with Great Lakes. Boutique Air took over Great Lakes' service beginning July 15, 2015.
The first airline flights were Western DC-3s in 1956; Frontier replaced Western in early 1959. The last Frontier Twin Otter left in 1980.
Accidents and incidents
- On June 12, 2013 a general aviation aircraft crashed during takeoff. The pilot had minor injuries, and the FAA was notified and sent investigators from the FAA in Rapid City.
- FAA Airport Master Record for CDR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Chadron Municipal Airport Archived July 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine page at City of Chadron website
- Editor, By. "City names new airline : Community". Retrieved 2015-05-05.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Axtell, John. First Boutique Air Flights July 1 For Alliance, July 15 For Chadron, KCSR, June 23, 2015, Retrieved 2015-06-28
- Rapid City Journal
- Chadron Municipal Airport at City of Chadron website
- "Chadron (CDR)" (PDF). at the Nebraska Department of Aeronautics
- Aerial photo as of May 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CDR, effective June 18, 2020
- Resources for this airport: