|Focus cities||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport|
|Parent company||Boutique Air, Inc.|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Key people||Shawn Simpson (CEO)|
Boutique Air is an aviation company based in San Francisco, California. The airline offers charter services as well as scheduled passenger services subsidized under the Essential Air Service (EAS) program.
The company was founded in 2007 by Shawn Simpson, an early employee of Google. It was originally an aviation technology company before it began acquiring a fleet of aircraft in 2012 through its holding company Targaryen LLC. It operated on-demand charters, pilot training, and air patrol services for government sectors using Cessnas before purchasing Pilatus PC-12 aircraft to operate its passenger charter flights.
In 2013 it received commuter air carrier authority from the United States Department of Transportation. Its first scheduled service was operated 2013-2014 between Hawthorne Municipal Airport near Los Angeles and McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas. During that time, the company began submitting proposals to provide scheduled service to rural communities and regions under contract as part of the Essential Air Service program, and began its first flights between Clovis Municipal Airport in New Mexico and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in July 2014. The carrier has expanded further in New Mexico to include airports in Carlsbad, Los Alamos, Albuquerque, and Silver City. By the end of 2015, it flew 14 scheduled routes with an Essential Air Service's airport destination.
As of 2016 Boutique Air serves the following destinations:
|Muscle Shoals||Northwest Alabama Regional Airport||MSL||Replaced SeaPort Airlines with service to Atlanta and Nashville|
|Show Low||Show Low Regional Airport||SOW||Replaced Great Lakes Airlines in 2015 |
|Phoenix||Sky Harbor International Airport||PHX|
|Merced||Merced Municipal Airport||MCE||Replaced Great Lakes Airlines with 31 nonstop roundtrip flights per week to Oakland, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles |
|Los Angeles||Los Angeles International Airport||LAX|
|Oakland||Oakland International Airport||OAK|
|Denver||Denver International Airport||DEN|
|Atlanta||Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport||ATL|
|Minneapolis||Minneapolis/St Paul International Airport||MSP||Awarded EAS contract beginning in June 2016 from Great Lakes Airlines.|
|Thief River Falls||Thief River Falls Regional Airport||TVF||Awarded EAS contract beginning in June 2016 from Great Lakes Airlines.|
|Greenville||Mid Delta Regional Airport||GLH||Awarded EAS contract replacing SeaPort Airlines in 2015 |
|Alliance||Alliance Municipal Airport||AIA|
|Chadron||Chadron Municipal Airport||CDR|
|McCook||McCook Ben Nelson Regional Airport||MCK||Service to Denver beginning Summer 2016 |
|Albuquerque||Albuquerque International Sunport||ABQ|
|Carlsbad||Cavern City Air Terminal||CNM||Weekly nonstop service to Albuquerque and Dallas-Fort Worth airports |
|Clovis||Clovis Municipal Airport||CVN|
|Silver City||Grant County Airport (New Mexico)||SVC||Awarded EAS contract with flights to Albuquerque and has expanded to add service to Phoenix |
|Nashville||Nashville International Airport||BNA|
|Dallas||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport||DFW||Operates in DFW's Corporate Aviation Terminal |
|Salt Lake City||Salt Lake City International Airport||SLC|
|Moab||Canyonlands Field||CNY||Daily nonstop round-trip flights to Salt Lake City and Denver|
|Vernal||Vernal Regional Airport||VEL||Daily nonstop round-trip flights to Salt Lake City and Denver|
|Hawthorne||Hawthorne Municipal Airport||HHR|
|Los Alamos||Los Alamos County Airport||LAM||Ended April 30, 2016|
|Henderson, Nevada||Henderson Executive Airport||HSH|
|Las Vegas, Nevada||McCarran International Airport||LAS|
|Boutique Air PC-12 interior cockpit||Boutique Air Pilatus PC-12 pilots|
The PC-12, first introduced in 1994, has reclining leather swivel seats in an executive configuration, power outlets, a pressurized cabin, low interior noise, an enclosed lavatory, and speeds of over 300 miles per hour.
The PC-12 was designed for executive travel and can be flown by a single pilot, but Boutique Air uses a two-member crew to ensure reliability and passenger safety, according to its Director of Operations Mat Butcher.
The King Air offers similar features and appointments with a twin turbine engine.
As of January 2016, Boutique Air's fleet size was 13 aircraft.
- "Contact Us." Boutique Air. Retrieved on 4 June 2015. "548 Market Street ste 73298 San Francisco, CA 94104"
- "TARGARYEN LLC - SAN FRANCISCO, CA - CESSNA T337F - N1741M - Fixed Wing Multi Engine". whoseplane.com. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- "Boutique Air - Boutique Air Pilatus | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- "United States Department of Transportation Request for Information" (PDF).
- "Order 2012-11-32 Served: November 29, 2012 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY WASHI" (PDF). webcache.googleusercontent.com. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- Deppen, Colin. Bradford Airport carrier service contracts re-bid, The Bradford Era, May 29, 2014, retrieved 2014-07-16
- Leeds, Kim. Cape Air to take over Montana Essential Air Service flights, Havre Daily News, September 6, 2013, Retrieved 2014-07-16
- Kahin, Vanessa. Municipal flights to Dallas/Fort Worth begin, Clovis News Journal, July 15, 2014, retrieved 2014-07-16
- Dunlap, Susan. Boutique Air announces flights to Albuquerque, Silver City Sun-News, December 25, 2014, Retrieved 2014-12-29
- Onsurez, Jessica and Katie England. Airport: Carlsbad now connected to Dallas/Fort Worth, Carlsbad Current-Argus, April 28, 2015, Retrieved 2015-04-28
- "SeaPort arrived with big plans, but left air travelers disappointed". TimesDaily. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Merced's new air carrier offers 31 flights to three cities".
- "Merced to get new air carrier".
- "New airline to offer flights from Greenville to Nashville". www.santacruzsentinel.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Boutique Air signs contract for ABQ-to-Carlsbad flights - Albuquerque Business First". Albuquerque Business First. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Official touts reliability record of Boutique Air | Silver City Daily Press". www.scdailypress.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Boutique Air - Airport 1414". www.boutiqueair.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.