Charaxes eudoxus, the Eudoxus charaxes, is a butterfly in the family Nymphalidae. It is found in Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, the Republic of the Congo, Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Central African Republic, Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania, Cameroon and Zambia. The habitat consists of forests, including gallery and riverine forests.
The larvae feed on Schefflera, Syzygium (including S. cordatum and S. guineense) and Garcinia species.
- C. e. eudoxus (Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, western Nigeria)
- C. e. amaurus Poulton, 1929 (western Kenya)
- C. e. biokoensis Canu, 1989 (Bioko)
- C. e. boersmana Plantrou, 1980 (Nigeria: north to central)
- C. e. cabacus Jordan, 1925 (Uganda: north-west shores of Lake Victoria)
- C. e. goubandana Nicat, 2002 (Guinea)
- C. e. imatongensis Plantrou, 1982 (Sudan: south to Imatong Mountains)
- C. e. katerae Carpenter, 1937 (Uganda: south to the western shores of Lake Victoria, north-western Tanzania)
- C. e. lequeuxi Plantrou, 1982 (Rwanda, Burundi)
- C. e. mechowi Rothschild, 1900 (eastern Nigeria, south-western Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, northern Angola, north-western Zambia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic)
- C. e. mitchelli Plantrou & Howarth, 1977 (Zambia)
- C. e. raffaellae Plantrou, 1982 (north-western Tanzania, possibly Burundi)
- C. e. zambiae van Someren, 1970 (Zambia: eastern side of the upper Luangwa Valley)
The members of the Charaxes jasius group are:
- Victor Gurney Logan Van Someren, 1970 Revisional notes on African Charaxes (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae). Part VI. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History) (Entomology)197-250.