||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|Alma mater||Fashion Institute of Technology|
|Children||Kaaya Talia Bufford (daughter)|
Charonne was born in Toronto, Canada, the middle of three daughters to Dr. Kenrick Mose and Charmion Mose, both originally from Trinidad and Tobago. Charonne went on to earn a degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. After working in the fashion industry for two years, Charonne decided to seriously pursue a dance career and eventually moved to Los Angeles. She has danced and choreographed in New York, Europe and Los Angeles.
Charonne's choreography career grew after working with choreographer and producer Anita Mann in the early nineties. Charonne choreographed numerous television shows, films, videos, commercials and live events over the next fifteen years. Charonne worked with many Hollywood legends like Shari Lewis, Whoopi Goldberg, Jerry Lewis, Harry Connick Jr., and Mary J. Blige. In 1996, Charonne Mose and Anita Mann won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Choreography for the 1995 Miss America Pageant, wining above Travis Payne and LaVelle Smith, who choreographed Michael Jackson in the MTV Video Music Awards.
After her career in dance and after the birth of her daughter, Kaaya Bufford, Charonne decided to go back to school and study interactive media. She then went on to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business graduating on the President's List. She recently left the Disney Interactive Media Group after working as an art director to pursue a new position at the Fox Broadcasting Company as senior interaction designer.
- As choreographer
- Harry Connick Jr. Christmas Special (1994)
- 27th Annual Country Music Association Awards (1994)
- 1995 Miss America Pageant (1996)
- Muppets Tonight (1996)
- 77th Annual Miss America Pageant (1998)
- 25th Annual American Music Awards (1998)
- Quincy Jones -- The First 50 Years (1998) (as consultant)
- 34th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards (1999)
- Sing (1989)
Awards and honors
In 1995, Charonne Mose won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Choreography for the Miss America Pageant. She has also won an Addy Award from the American Advertising Association and a Webby Award for her work in interactive design.
- staff (March 26, 1997). "Variety births". Variety. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- staff. "Charonne Mose filmography". The New York Times. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- staff. "48th Primetime Emmys Nominees and Winners". Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- staff. "1996 Primetime Emmy Award Winners". AMUG. Retrieved June 7, 2015.