Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running)
|"Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running)"|
|Single by Foo Fighters|
|from the album Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace|
|Released||April 7, 2008|
|Genre||Alternative rock, post-grunge|
|Writer(s)||Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel and Chris Shiflett|
|Foo Fighters singles chronology|
"Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running)" is the third single released from the Foo Fighters' 2007 album Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. The single was released as a digital-only release in the UK via iTunes. No physical retail singles were released, however promotional singles were released for radio airplay. The B-side is a cover of Paul McCartney & Wings' "Band on the Run", which was previously released on Radio 1 Established 1967.
Dave Grohl commented on the song, saying "For this song, it was a working title that stuck, because that was a song that we had demoed and it sounded like this really bright, poppy, late '80s R.E.M. song that would have been off their 'Green' or something like that." AllMusic editor Stephen Thomas Erlewine says the song has a riff as nimble as those on Foo Fighters' debut album.
- "Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running)" – 3:41
- "Band on the Run" – 5:09 (Paul McCartney and Wings cover, 2007)
- "Digital Only release in UK announced by Columbia Records" Archived April 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Columbia.co.uk, 2008
- "Foo Fighters - Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Foo Fighters record brand new Wings cover". NME.com. August 16, 2007
- "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace : Dave Grohl's Guide To Every Song". Foo Archive. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- Thomas, Stephen (September 25, 2007). "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace - Foo Fighters". AllMusic. Retrieved September 11, 2011.