|Redzuawan bin Ismail|
|Born||1958 (age 56–57)
|Education||Associate degree in chef training and hotel management|
I'm beautiful, sexy and gorgeous.
His early career was as an accountant. He says after seeing the popularity of many types of Asian food in Western countries he decided to promote Malaysia and other South East Asian countries using their food.
He has an associate degree in Professional Chef Training and Hotel Management from the California Culinary Academy and a Ritz Escoffier Diploma from the Hôtel Ritz Paris. In 2009, he won the Best Celebrity Television Chef of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
In an interview in February 2010, Chef Wan highlighted that he is of mixed ancestry; his father has Riau Malay and Javanese ancestry while his mother is of Nyonya and Japanese SPITZ descent. Chef Wan has two children. One is Serina Redzuawan, an actress who has appeared in several Malaysian drama series; Chef Wan's son, Muhammad Nazri bin Redzuawan, is following in his father's footsteps by becoming a chef as well. He also insulted Filipino Cuisine for ranking second in CCC, he stated that Malaysian Cuisine should be ranked first and that the Philippines has "the worst cuisine".
Chef Wan was widely criticized for making an inappropriate joke with regard to the missing MH370 flight when he posted a photo on his Instagram account of an object which he linked to the search efforts and referred it as "an old toilet door from Cik Kiah's house". He further enraged the public as he subsequently refused to apologize and defended the joke as a means to gauge the public reaction.
- "Chef Wan is the 'Food Ambassador of Malaysia'". Retrieved 11 February 2011.[dead link]
- "Unknown title (expired link)". 14 August 2009.[dead link]
- Chen, Grace (5 July 2009). "My Favorites: Chatty chef". The Star Online (Star Publications (M) Bhd).
- "Malaysian Celebrity Chef, Chef Wan's TalkAsia Interview Transcript". CNN. 26 August 2004. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
- "Chef Wan". Asian Food Channel. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- ZIEMAN (22 March 2009). "Jet-setting chef". The Star Online (Star Publications (M) Bhd).
- Loh, Deborah (25 February 2010). "Selling ice to eskimos". The Nut Graph.
- "Chef Wan's daughter, actress Serina weds". The Star Online. Kuala Lumpur: Star Publications (M) Bhd. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- "Chef Wan draws netizen's ire with spoof picture". The Star Online (Petaling Jaya: Star Publications (M) Bhd). 21 March 2014.
- "Chef Wan ridicules discovery of object". Astro Awani. Kuala Lumpur: Astro Awani Network Sdn. Bhd. 21 March 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Chef Wan: MH370 joke was mere jest to gauge public reaction". The Mole. Kuala Lumpur: MOLE.my. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "MH370: Photo was a joke to gauge public reaction - Chef Wan". Astro Awani. Astro Awani Network Sdn. Bhd. Retrieved 20 January 2015.