|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (July 2015)|
|5th Chief Prosecutor of Jeonju|
18 July 1952 – 6 April 1954
|8th Vice-Minister of National Defense|
8 August 1957 – 27 May 1960
30 August 1919|
Sariwon, Hwanghae, Korea, Empire of Japan
|Died||11 October 1992
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Choe Sehwang|
After his graduation, Choi returned to Korea, where he worked as a prosecutor of the Cheongju District Court (청주지방법원) under the Japanese colonial government. When Korea regained its independence, he found employment with the new South Korean government, first with the High Prosecutors' Office in 1948, with the Supreme Prosecutors' Office in 1949, as head of the Bureau of Prisons (행형국) under the Ministry of Justice in 1951, and as Chief Prosecutor of Jeonju in 1952. He was named South Korea's Vice-Minister of National Defense in August 1957, succeeding Kim Jeong-ryeol (김정렬) who was promoted to Minister. He was one of the members of the founding committee of the Democratic Republican Party in February 1963. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs appointed him as a representative in South Korea's discussions with Japan on a fisheries treaty that month.
- 전 국방차관 최세황씨 [Former Vice-Minister of National Defense Mr. Choi Sae-hwang]. JoongAng Ilbo. 12 October 1992. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- 前국방차관 崔世璜씨 [Former Vice-Minister of National Defense Mr. Choi Sae-hwang]. Kyunghyang Shinmun. 12 October 1992. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- 제 5 대 지검장 전주지검장 최세황 [Fifth Regional Chief Prosecutor: Jeonju Chief Prosecutor Choi Sae-hwang]. Supreme Prosecutors' Office. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- 國防部次官崔世璜氏 [Vice-Minister of National Defense Mr. Choi Sae-hwang]. Kyunghyang Shinmun. 16 September 1957. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- 崔世璜氏를追加 漁擄會談代表 [Mr. Choi Sae-hwang added as additional representative in fisheries talks]. Dong-a Ilbo. 7 February 1963. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- 課稅取消請求소송 [Tax relief claim lawsuit]. Kyunghyang Shinmun. 22 April 1965. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- 本社來訪 [Visitors to our headquarters]. Dong-a Ilbo. 18 August 1975. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Jo Seong-sik (January 2002). 검찰 혼맥, 한국 상류사회의 연결고리 [Prosecutors' links of marriage to South Korean high society]. Shin Dong-a Magazine. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- 서울컨트리클럽 이사장에金成坤씨 [Mr. Kim Seong-gon to be board chairman of Seoul Country Club]. Kyunghyang Shinmun. 30 April 1969. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- 이사장에 崔世璜씨 선출 [Mr. Choi Sae-hwang elected as board chairman]. Maeil Business Newspaper. 22 February 1980. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
|This Korean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|