Cincinnati Christian University
|Affiliation||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, USA
|Athletics||NAIA and RSC|
Cincinnati Christian University (formerly Cincinnati Bible College and Seminary) is a private Christian university located in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. CCU is supported by the Christian Churches and Churches of Christ, which are part of the Restoration Movement.
The university's main campus is located in one of Cincinnati's western neighborhoods just a few miles west of downtown, but classes are also offered at extension sites in Sharonville, Ohio, and in Indianapolis. In 2009, CCU began offering classes in Jeffersonville, Indiana, and in the Greater Louisville area.
The university is structured into five schools:
- Biblical Studies, Arts, and Sciences
- Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Adult Learning
Cincinnati Christian University offers Bachelor's degrees and Master's degrees. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. Cincinnati Bible Seminary is also accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. CCU is a member of the Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, an organization including all of the accredited colleges and universities in the area. This consortium relationship gives students access to course offerings of the other institutions through a cross-registration arrangement as well as access to library resources of the other schools in the consortium.
CCU is a member of the Association of Schools of Jerusalem University College (formerly known as the Institute of Holy Land Studies) and is approved to offer the Master of Arts in Counseling program by the Ohio Counseling and Social Worker Board. The Master of Arts in Counseling degree is pre-approved as a qualifying degree for licensure as a professional counselor by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. The Department of Behavioral Sciences has been approved under The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Cincinnati Christian's athletic teams, nicknamed the Eagles, are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), primarily competing in the River States Conference (RSC). The Eagles also compete as a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) Division I level. Men's sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer and volleyball; while women's sports include basketball, cross country, soccer, softball, and volleyball. CCU is also creating a coed cheerleading program beginning in the Fall of 2017. 
- George W. BonDurant BA 1936, founder and former president of Atlanta Christian College and Mid-Atlantic Christian University.
- Terry Bradds BA 1980, jazz guitarist.
- Dan Burton member of United States House of Representatives from Indiana.
- William A. Griffin MA 1979, former president of Mid-Atlantic Christian University.
- Rich Mullins, Christian musician.
- Michael A. O'Donnell MA 1983, former professor of Family Studies and founding Executive Director of the Southwest Center for Fathering at Abilene Christian University.
- James E. Smith, Biblical scholar and professor at Johnson University Florida.
- Mindy Smith, singer/songwriter.
- James D. Strauss, theologian.
- Seth Wilson BA 1936, Dean of Ozark Christian College.
|Harvey C. Bream, Jr.||1970–1986|
|Dr. Barry McCarty||1988–1993|
|Dr. David Faust||2002-2014|
|David Ray (Interim)||2015-Present|
On November 11, 2015, the Board of Trustees of Cincinnati Christian University announced the appointment of Dr. David Ray as the university’s interim president. The Board selected Dr. Ray to ensure a smooth leadership transition to the next full-time president of CCU.
- "Arts & Sciences - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Ministry - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Education - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Psychology - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Business - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Adult Learning". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Accreditation And Affiliations - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Counseling Program Earns CACREP Accreditation - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "CCU Announces Interim President - Cincinnati Christian University". Retrieved January 15, 2016.