Sinclair Community College
|Endowment||$21.0 million (2009)|
|President||Steven Lee Johnson|
Sinclair Community College is named for David A. Sinclair, a Scottish immigrant and secretary of the Dayton YMCA (1874–1902), who founded the adult training school that eventually became Sinclair College in 1948.
Sinclair Community College was featured in a 2009 issue of The New York Times. The article explained how community colleges in the United States, like Sinclair, help to create jobs in an unstable economy. The article also stated that Sinclair is widely known as one of the best community colleges in the region. That year its enrollment was 25,345 students, and the main campus was one of the largest community college campuses in North America.
According to the Dayton Daily News, in 2013 Sinclair purchased a 3.4 acre addition to the Courseview Campus Center in Mason with the intent of eventually serving 10,000 students there. Also that year, the college opened a second Mason facility, "Building B." In August 2016, Sinclair Community College and the University of Cincinnati signed a partnership allowing Sinclair students attending the Mason campus to pursue a bachelor's degree in Information Technology at UC.
In March 2013 the college settled a First Amendment lawsuit by revising a speech code that prohibited students and visitors from holding signs on campus. In March 2017 the college ordered student Advisors A.J. Owens and Dr. Matt Massie to apologize to Forest Wilson, a student and candidate for Student Senate President over Wilson's campaign to get food stamps accepted on campus.
- As of June 30, 2009. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2009 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2008 to FY 2009" (PDF). 2009 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 14, 2017. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- As of fall 2016. "Headcount Enrollment at University System of Ohio Institutions, Fall 2007 to Fall 2016" (PDF). Ohio Department of Higher Education. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Our history". Sinclair Community College. Archived from the original on 18 August 2011.
- Greenhouse, Steven (2009-08-15). "NY Times article". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- Larsen, Dave (25 September 2009). "Enrollment Figures Fall 2009". Archived from the original on 2 November 2009.
- "SCC Microsoft study". 2 March 2009. Archived from the original on 8 January 2010.
- Sinclair buys more acres to expand its Mason campus, Dayton Daily News, Jan. 7, 2013. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/sinclair-buys-more-acres-expand-its-mason-campus/Ee93CYrHpXbv2gyTVnMeCN/
- Sinclair to open second building in Mason, Dayton Daily News, Oct. 30, 2013. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/sinclair-open-second-building-mason/WoC9UcwWe7YB4dKXMAGyWP/
- University of Cincinnati, Sinclair begin tech partnership in Mason, Dayton Daily News, Aug. 2, 2016. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local-education/university-cincinnati-sinclair-begin-tech-partnership-mason/71LNi94ecTtMZhllvvkphO/
- "Sinclair settles suit over sign", Dayton Daily News, March 12, 2013.
- "Victory: Ohio College Settles First Amendment Lawsuit, Scraps Speech Code", FIRE, March 12, 2013.