|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Website||Clareview LRT Station|
|Electrified||600 V DC|
Clareview station is an Edmonton Light Rail Transit station in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It serves the Capital Line and is currently the northern terminus of the line. It is a ground-level station located near 42 Street and 139 Avenue, and is named for the northeast Edmonton district of Clareview.
The station was opened on April 26, 1981.
Major renovations to the station were completed on March 4, 2001. These renovations included a new covered station platform, two bus terminals, the addition of wheelchair ramps at station entrances, and a pedestrian underpass connecting the station to both bus terminals.
The station has a 123 metre long centre loading platform that can accommodate two five-car LRT trains at the same time, with one train on each side of the platform. The platform is just over nine metres wide.
Clareview Station has a park and ride facility with 1372 parking spaces.
Clareview Station is decorated with a piece entitled "One Long Autumn", a gel transfer onto plexiglass imitating sepia prints.
Around the station
Clareview Transit Centre
|Platforms||16 bus bays (10 West, 6 East)|
|Structure type||Covered shelter|
|Website||Clareview Transit Centre|
The Clareview Transit Centre is located on the east (known as "East Clareview") and west (known as "West Clareview") sides of the LRT station. The sides are connected to the station by a pedestrian underpass, that also connects to the LRT station. This transit centre features many amenities including park and ride, bike racks, passenger drop off area, large shelter and pay phone. The LRT station adjacent includes a snack shop and washrooms.
The following bus routes serve the transit centre:
|Belvedere Transit Centre||181, 512|
|Coliseum Transit Centre||512|
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||149, 188, 190|
|Londonderry||181, 188, 190|
|Northgate Transit Centre||137|
|Stadium Transit Centre||512|
|West Edmonton Mall Transit Centre||2, 137|
|Abbottsfield Transit Centre||183, 185|
|Belvedere Transit Centre||10, 186|
|Coliseum Transit Centre||10|
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||187|
|Northgate Transit Centre||11, 182, 186|
The above list does not include LRT services from the adjacent LRT station.
School special routes that arrive/depart from Clareview Transit Centre include routes: 603, 844, 845, 849 and 903.
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. August 1, 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2017 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. March 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "LRT Brochure" (PDF). November 15, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 4, 2007. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. p. 700. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 1, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Clareview Transit Centre Map" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Clareview Transit Centre". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Clareview LRT Station". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Brochures in PDF". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "School Service: ETS Trip Planner". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
Media related to Clareview LRT Station at Wikimedia Commons