Century Park station (Edmonton)
|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Website||Century Park LRT Station|
Century Park station is an Edmonton Light Rail Transit station in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It serves the Capital Line and the Metro Line during peak hours. It is a ground-level station located at 111 Street near 23 Avenue, and is named after the transit-oriented development Century Park, located on the former Heritage Mall site next to the station. Century Park is currently the southern terminus of both the Capital Line and the Metro Line.
The station has a 123 metre long centre loading platform that can accommodate two trains at the same time, one on each side of the platform. The platform is exactly nine metres wide. It also has a grade separated pedestrian overpass connecting the platform to the Century Park Transit Centre and the Century Park development. A 1,230 stall park and ride lot is adjacent to the station.
Titled "Continuum", Century Park Station is decorated with three suspended wire spheres covered in maple leaves.
Around the station
Century Park Transit Centre
An overview showing the transit centre in front of the LRT station and the connecting pedestrian bridge
|Platforms||16 bus bays|
|Website||Century Park Transit Centre|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Century Park Transit Centre.|
The Century Park Transit Centre is located on the east side of 111 Street, adjacent to the LRT station. The transit centre has climate controlled waiting rooms, public washrooms, a drop off area, park & ride, a convenience store, a pay phone and covered bicycle parking. It is connected to the station by an elevator-equipped pedestrian overpass which also crosses to the west side of 111 Street and the Blue Quill neighbourhood.
Originally named the "Kaskitayo Transit Centre", the transit centre was renamed to "Heritage Transit Centre" in 2000 and again to "Century Park Transit Centre" in 2010.
The Century Park Transit Centre offers connections to much of South Edmonton, as well as the Edmonton International Airport and the city of Leduc.
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Edmonton International Airport||747||ETS|
|Heritage Valley||39, 339||ETS|
|Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Lakewood Transit Centre||74||ETS|
|Leger Transit Centre||23, 24, 25, 30, 35, 36, 37||ETS|
|Mill Woods Transit Centre||23, 74, 77, 78, 79||ETS|
|Northgate Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Rutherford||39, 47, 49, 339||ETS|
|South Campus/Fort Edmonton Park Transit Centre||30, 36, 43||ETS|
|South Edmonton Common||74||ETS|
|Southgate Transit Centre||9, 17, 40, 41, 44, 45, 74, 301||ETS|
|South Terwillegar||35, 37||ETS|
|West Edmonton Mall Transit Centre||23||ETS|
The above list does not include LRT services from the adjacent LRT station.
School special routes that arrive/depart from Century Park Transit Centre include routes: 17S, 23S, 39S, 40S, 41S, 43S, 44S, 46S, 79S, and 347S.
- "2017 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. March 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Edmonton Opens Two New LRT Stations". City of Edmonton. April 24, 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-12-14. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "LRT south extensions unveiled". CBC.ca. April 16, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. p. 700. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 1, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-05-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Century Park Transit Centre Map" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Century Park Transit Centre". City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-01. Retrieved 2013-06-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Brochures in PDF". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "Route 1 Schedule and Map". Leduc Transit. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "School Service: ETS Trip Planner". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
Media related to Century Park (ETS) at Wikimedia Commons