|Comune di Cles|
|Frazioni||Caltron, Dres, Pez, Maiano, Mechel, Spinazzeda|
|• Mayor||Ruggero Mucchi (since May 11, 2015) (PATT)|
|• Total||39.17 km2 (15.12 sq mi)|
|Elevation||658 m (2,159 ft)|
(1st of January 2018)
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Santa Maria Assunta|
|Saint day||August 15|
It is the main town of and is located in Val di Non. Monte di Cles and Monte Peller (2,319 m (7,608.27 ft) above sea level) are located to the west of the residential area, while Lake Santa Giustina is on the east.
Lake Santa Giustina
Lake Santa Giustina is an artificial lake which was created by the dike on the creek Noce. The dam was completed in 1950, is 152 metres high and it was the highest dam in Europe at the time. The lake can contain up to about 180 million cubic metres water, which feeds the turbines of the hydroelectric plant in Taio. The lake is named after the location where the dam is placed, which in turn is named after an ancient hermitage of which only ruins are left, covered by a natural hollow of the rock.
The Tabula clesiana is a bronze plate measuring 49.9 by 37.8 by 0.61 centimetres (19.65 by 14.88 by 0.24 in) that was discovered in 1869 at Campi Neri near Cles. It contains the edict of Caesar Claudius of 46 AD, which granted Roman citizenship to the Alpine peoples of the Anauni, Sinduni and Tulliasses. It is kept at the Castello del Buonconsiglio Museum in Trento.
The Tabula is an important evidence of the rapid assimilation by the Roman world of the Alpine peoples of farmers-hunters; but also from the point of view of the Roman law the first evidence of the introduction of delatores in the fiscal controversy.;
- Bernardo Clesio, (1484 – 1539)
- Vladimir Barbu, competitive diver (b. 1998)
- Letizia Paternoster, road and track cyclist (b. 1999)
- Luca de Aliprandini, alpine skier (b. 1990)
Saint Roch Church
- Comune di Cles - Statuto.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Istat Data".
- Bartaletti, Fabrizio (2004). Geografia e cultura delle Alpi - Volume 73 di Geografia e società. Milano: Franco Angeli. p. 168. ISBN 88-464-5119-8.
Limited preview (Google Books): Bartaletti, Fabrizio (2004). Geografia e cultura delle Alpi. ISBN 9788846451194. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- Del Tedesco, Elvis, ed. (2010). "Santa Giustina - ProgettoDighe". Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- Spagnuolo Vigorita, 1984: delatorial trial. legal controversy on the patrimonium principis and the status personae.
- A translation of the Tabula
- Official website (in Italian)