This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
the Clonezilla Live CD
|Original author(s)||Steven Shiau|
|Developer(s)||NCHC Free Software Labs|
2.6.2-15 / 10 January 2019
20190108-disco / January 8, 2019
|Written in||Perl, Unix shell|
|Operating system||POSIX, Linux|
|Available in||English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)|
|Type||Disk cloning, Disaster recovery|
Clonezilla is a free disk cloning, disk imaging, data recovery, and deployment computer program. Clonezilla is designed by Steven Shiau and developed by the NCHC Free Software Labs in Taiwan. Clonezilla SE provides multicast support similar to Norton Ghost Corporate Edition.
Clonezilla Live enables a user to clone a single computer's storage media, or a single partition on the media, to a separate medium device. The cloned data can be saved as an image-file or as a duplicated copy of the data. The data can be saved to locally attached storage device, an SSH server, a Samba server, or an NFS file-share. The clone file can then be used to restore the original when needed.
Clonezilla doesn't support online imaging yet, i.e. the partition to be cloned has to be unmounted. Clonezilla application can be run from a USB flash drive or a CD/DVD-ROM. Clonezilla requires no modification to the computer; the software runs in its own booted environment.
Clonezilla Server is used to clone many computers simultaneously across a network. This is done using a Diskless Remote Boot in Linux (DRBL) server and computer workstations that can boot from a network.
- Shiau, Steven (2019-01-10). "Clonezilla / News: Stable Clonezilla live (2.6.0-37) Released". Clonezilla's Mailing Lists at SourceForge.
- Shiau, Steven. "Clonezilla - Downloads". Clonezilla.
- "DistroWatch.com: Clonezilla". Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Interview with Steven Shiau". Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Clonezilla Live "Wily", DistroWatch Weekly
- Clonezilla Live | PCWorld
- Review: Clonezilla system imaging - TechRepublic
- Clonezilla: A Drive-Duping Monster With a Fearsome Face | Reviews | LinuxInsider
- Manage partitions and disks with GParted-Clonezilla live CD | Linux.com | The source of Linux information