Coen brothers filmography
Joel David Coen (born November 29, 1954) and Ethan Jesse Coen (born September 21, 1957), collectively referred to as the Coen brothers, are American filmmakers. Their films span many genres and styles, which they frequently subvert or parody. The brothers write, direct and produce their films jointly.
The Coen brothers have been nominated for thirteen Academy Awards together, and individually for one award each, winning Best Original Screenplay for Fargo and Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay for No Country for Old Men. The duo also won the Palme d'Or for Barton Fink (1991) and were nominated for Fargo.
- The Naked Man (1998) - Comedy film cowritten by Ethan Coen and J. Todd Anderson and directed by Anderson.
- Gates of Eden (1998) – A collection of short stories written by Ethan Coen.
- The Drunken Driver Has the Right of Way (2001) – A collection of poems and limericks written by Ethan Coen.
- Bad Santa (2003) – Comedy film starring Billy Bob Thornton, executive produced and (uncredited) rewrite by the Coen brothers.
- Romance & Cigarettes (2005) – Film produced by the Coen brothers and written and directed by John Turturro.
- Almost an Evening (2008) – A series of three one-act off-Broadway plays written by Ethan Coen.
- Talking Cure (2011) a one-act written by Ethan Coen, produced with one-acts by Woody Allen and Elaine May
- Women or Nothing (2013) – A play written by Ethan Coen.
- Fargo (2014) – TV series based on the original film, executive produced by the Coen brothers and created by Noah Hawley.
- State of Minnesota. Minnesota Birth Index, 1935–2002. Minnesota Department of Health.
- Austerlitz, Saul (December 19, 2010). "Joel and Ethan Coen: A study in subversion". Boston Globe. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- Smith, Nigel M. (2016-10-14). "Coen brothers to pen tech thriller based on true story of the Silk Road". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- "Coen Brothers to Write Internet Thriller 'Dark Web' for Fox (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- Coen, Ethan (2001). The Drunken Driver Has the Right of Way. Crown. ISBN 9780609609460.
- Taylor, Drew. "Terry Zwigoff Talks Battling Over 'Bad Santa,' His Preferred Director's Cut & Much More In Candid Interview". IndieWire. Retrieved 27 February 2016.