Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico Temple
|Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico Temple|
|Dedication||6 March 1999
Gordon B. Hinckley
|Site||1 acre (0.4 hectares)|
|Floor area||6,800 sq ft (630 m2)|
|Height||71 ft (22 m)|
|Preceded by||Anchorage Alaska Temple|
|Followed by||Madrid Spain Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
On a hill just west of the little town of Colonia Juárez, in the Mexican state of Chihuahua, and overlooking a fertile valley, sits the first of the smaller LDS temples to be completed outside of the United States. As of 2012, the Colonia Juárez Chihuahua México Temple is the smallest temple the LDS Church operates.
Colonia Juárez is about two hundred miles southwest of the U.S.–Mexico border at El Paso, Texas, and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua. The small town consists of two stores, three restaurants, several schools, and numerous farms. The Colonia Juárez Chihuahua México Temple serves church members from the United States and Mexico. During the final stages of construction, church members from both countries worked together on landscaping, cleaning both the interior and exteriors of the temple, and washing windows.
LDS Church president Gordon B. Hinckley dedicated the Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico Temple on March 6, 1999. The temple has a total of 6,800 square feet (630 m2), one ordinance room, and one sealing room.
- Robert J. Whetten, former temple president
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Mexico
- "Temple started for Mexico colonies", Church News, March 14, 1998
- Spilsbury, Debra R. (March 6, 1999), "New temple 'a dream' to LDS in northern Mexico", Church News
- Hart, John L. (March 13, 1999), "Newest temple in Mexico dedicated in its oldest stake", Church News
- "Colonia Juarez Temple Dedication", Church News, March 13, 1999
- Romney, Virginia Hatch; Cowan, Richard O. (2009), The Colonia Juárez temple: a Prophet's inspiration, Provo, Utah: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, ISBN 9780842527279, OCLC 311151281