Confusion (Electric Light Orchestra song)
|Single by Electric Light Orchestra|
|from the album Discovery|
|A-side||"Last Train to London" (UK)|
|Released||October 1979 (US)
9 November 1979 (UK)
|Recorded||1979, Musicland Studios, Munich|
|Electric Light Orchestra singles chronology|
It was released in the UK as a double A-side single with "Last Train to London". It peaked at number 8 in the UK Singles Chart. In the United States the song was released as a single with "Poker" on the B-side becoming a more modest hit, reaching number 37 on the Billboard Hot 100.
|“||I'd just got hold of the very latest synthesizer, the Yamaha CS-80. The song is based entirely on the sound it made.||”|
|— Discovery remaster (2001), Jeff Lynne|
- Jeff Lynne – lead vocals, guitars, Yamaha CS80 synthesizer
- Bev Bevan – drums, rototoms, backing vocals
- Richard Tandy – piano, Yamaha CS80 synthesizer
- Kelly Groucutt – bass, backing vocals
- Louis Clark – orchestra arranger and conductor
|Austrian Ö3 Austria Top 40||5|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||13|
|French SNEP Singles Chart||10|
|German Media Control Singles Chart||6|
|Irish Singles Chart||9|
|South African Singles Chart||10|
|UK Singles Chart||8|
|US Billboard Hot 100||37|
|US Cash Box Top 100 Singles||47|
- "Electric Light Orchestra". Offfical Charts Company. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Electric Light Orchestra - Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Electric Light Orchestra - Confusion - austriancharts.at". Retrieved 22 March 2009.
- "charts.de - Electric Light Orchestra". charts.de. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "The Irish Charts - All there is to know". Irishcharts.ie. Archived from the original on 3 June 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2013. Enter Electric Light Orchestra in the Search by Artist field, then click Search.
- "South African Rock Lists Website - SA Charts 1969 - 1989 Acts (E)". Rock.co.za. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
|This 1970s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|