A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jarvis in October 2013
Harrison Cosmo Krikoryan Jarvis
1 September 1989
Harrison Cosmo Krikoryan Jarvis (born 1 September 1989), better known by his stage name Cosmo Jarvis, is an American-born English actor and filmmaker of Armenian descent. In 2015, he auditioned and was cast to portray the character of Sebastian in William Oldroyd's debut feature film Lady Macbeth (2016).
Jarvis was born in Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States to an Armenian-American mother and English father. He moved to England with his parents as a baby. As a child, he moved to Totnes, Devon, United Kingdom with his mother and younger brother.
Jarvis confirmed his second album's title as Is the World Strange or Am I Strange? on his official Facebook page. The first single released from the album is "Gay Pirates", which was released on 23 January 2011. The single's music video was directed by Cosmo. The song was featured as Record of the Day and AOL's Spinner video of the day.[not in citation given] "Gay Pirates" was voted number 85 on the Triple J Hottest 100 of 2011, which aired on Australia Day in 2012. The album itself was given an 8.5/10 rating from Soundblab album reviews. He announced in an interview with TNC that he had begun work on his first feature film, called The Naughty Room. The film premièred on BBC Four on the 20 August 2012, shortly after the release of Jarvis' third studio album, titled Think Bigger, the film included multiple songs/variations of songs from the new album in the soundtrack. Cosmo toured the UK in late 2012 supporting Mad Dog Mcrea, for whom he penned the song "Waiting on the Hill". The comedy film Hawk(e): The Movie (2013) features several songs by Cosmo Jarvis. In January 2013, "Love This" came in at number 59 on the Triple J Hottest 100, 2012.
|2009||The Alley Way||The Old Man (voice)||Short film|
|2012||The Naughty Room||Todd Kennedy|
|2015||Spooks: The Greater Good||Dani Tasuev|
|The Habit of Beauty||Jerome|
|Hunter Killer||Fathometer Operator / T.silver|
|2018||Annihilation||Special Ops Soldier|
|2016||Moving On||Verno 14||Episode "Taxi for Linda"|
|Humans||Martin||Episode 3 (Series 2)|
|My Mother and Other Strangers||Lieutenant Steiger||Episodes "The Price" and "God Rest You Merry"|
|2017||Vera||Woody||Episode "The Blanket Mire"|
Awards and nominations
|2017||20th British Independent Film Awards||Most Promising Newcomer||Nominated|
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|2006||19 Songs By Cosmo Jarvis
|2011||Is the World Strange or Am I Strange?
|2013||They Don't Build Hearts Like They Used To - 4 Track E.P
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2009||"She's Got You"||—||—||—||—||Humasyouhitch/Sonofabitch|
|"Problems/You Got Your Head"||—||—||—||—|
|2010||"Crazy Screwed Up Lady"||—||—||—||—|
|2011||"Gay Pirates"||—||—||—||—||Is the World Strange or Am I Strange?|
|"Sure as Hell Not Jesus"||—||—||—||—|
|"She Doesn't Mind"||—||—||—||—|
|2012||"Love This"||—||—||—||—||Think Bigger|
|2013||"Collaborating With Rihanna"||—||—||—||—||Single|
- "Florence Pugh, Cosmo Jarvis cast in Lady Macbeth". Screendaily.com. 22 September 2015.
- Cosmo Jarvis: "My generation is the worst". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- "Gay Pirates – Cosmo Jarvis". Record of the Day. 30 November 2010. Archived from the original on 14 January 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Gay Pirates Video by Cosmo Jarvis – AOL Music". Music.aol.com. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Cosmo Jarvis – Is the World Strange or Am I Strange? – Review". Soundblab. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Interviews. "TNC Interview: Cosmo Jarvis, Part 2". The New Current. Archived from the original on 11 March 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Cosmo Jarvis Interview – The Naughty Room". TimeOut London. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "hawkethemovie.com". Archived from the original on 16 May 2013.
- "60-41 | Hottest 100 – 2012 | triple j". ABC.net.au. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2013.