|Born||February 13, 1985|
|Event(s)||Ultramarathon, trail running|
Dauwalter was raised in Hopkins, Minnesota and competed in track, cross-country, and nordic skiing in high school. She was a four-time Minnesota state champion in nordic skiing during her high school career. She attended the University of Denver on a cross-country skiing scholarship, and then earned a master's degree in teaching from the University of Mississippi in 2010 while participating in the Mississippi Teacher Corps.
In 2016, Dauwalter set a course record at the Javelina Jundred 100K and won the Run Rabbit Run 100-mile race, finishing 75 minutes ahead of second place. She also won the 2017 Run Rabbit Run while battling temporary blindness when running the final 12 miles.
In 2018, Dauwalter won the Western States Endurance Run, a 100-mile race, with a finishing time of 17h27m. This was the second-fastest time by a woman in the race. Dauwalter competed in the Big's Backyard Ultra in 2018, finishing second overall and completing a total of 67 laps, setting the women's course record at 279.268 miles. She also placed second in the Tahoe 200, beating the previous women's course record by over 18 hours.
Dauwalter was named Ultra Runner of the Year in 2018 by Ultrarunning Magazine after winning 9 of the 12 races that she entered, including two where she finished first overall.
In 2019, Dauwalter won the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc in a time of 24 h 34 min 26 sec, coming in 21st overall. She also competed in the 2019 edition of the Western states, but dropped after 77 miles. Dauwalter competed for the United States at the IAU 24 Hour World Championship in Brive-la-Gaillarde, France in October 2019, finishing 12th.
In 2020, Dauwalter won the American section of Big Dog's Ultra. She ran 68 laps for 283.3 miles for a finish time of 56 hours, 52 minutes, and 29 seconds. She set the record for the longest distance recorded by a female runner in the race.
Selected race results
|2021||The Barkley Marathons||Frozen Head State Park, TN, USA||2nd||20 Miler||10:44:00|
|Hardrock 100||Silverton, Colorado, USA||N/A||100 Miler||DNF|
|Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc||Chamonix, France||1st||100 Miler||22:30:54||Women's course record |
|2019||Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc||Chamonix, France||1st||100 Miler||24:34:26|
|Tarawera Ultramarathon||Rotorua, New Zealand||1st||100k||9:28:04|
|2018||Western States Endurance Run||Olympic Valley, CA||1st||100 Miler||17:27:00|
|Ultra-Trail Mt. Fuji||Shizuoka, Japan||1st||100 Miler||23:57:48|
|Tahoe 200||Homewood, California||1st||200 Miler||49:54:36||2nd overall|
|2017||Moab 240||Moab, Utah||1st||240 miles||57:55:13||Overall win and course record |
|2016||Javelina Jundred||Fountain Hills, Arizona||1st||100k||8:48:25|
|Run Rabbit Run||Steamboat Springs, Colorado||1st||100 Miler||21:23:37|
|2014||Ouray 100||Ouray, Colorado||1st||100 Miler||26:46:20|
- Byerly, Rebecca (December 8, 2018). "The gruelling sport in which women appear to hold a psychological edge". The Irish Times. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- "Courting Success: An Interview with Courtney Dauwalter". 17 January 2019.
- "The Woman Who Outruns the Men, 200 Miles at a Time". The New York Times. 2018-12-05. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2022-01-17.
- "Education Edge Magazine features MTC Alumnus, Courtney Dauwalter '08".
- Schranz, Eric (2017-09-15). "Courtney Dauwalter | Blind Perseverance at RRR100". Ultrarunnerpodcast.
- Rojek, Taylor (2018-08-03). "There's No Stopping Ultrarunner Courtney Dauwalter". Runners World.
- Gintzler, Ariella (2018-06-28). "This Ultrarunner Wins by Stressing Less". Outside Online. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "Golden woman ran 4-mile loop for 67 hours aiming to be the last person standing in a crazy ultra-race". The Know. 2018-10-22. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "Big Dog's Backyard Ultra: The Last Man Standing". YouTube. 2018-11-13.
- Scacco, Justin. "Colorado ultrarunners shatter Tahoe 200 course records". www.sierrasun.com. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- "Dauwalter and Walmsley 2018 UltraRunners of the Year". 16 January 2019.
- "'Sluggish' Courtney Dauwalter looks back on UTMB win". Trail Running. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- Strout, Erin (2019-09-18). "Ultrarunning Star Courtney Dauwalter's Superpower? Don't Overthink It". Women's Running. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "Gallagher wins Western States, Dauwalter drops out at 125km". South China Morning Post. 30 June 2019. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "Courtney Dauwalter Wins U.S. Big's Backyard Ultra with a Record-Tying Effort". 20 October 2020.
- Michelson, Megan (2019-10-08). "Inside the Mind of Ultrarunner Courtney Dauwalter". REI Co-op Journal. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "Inside the Mind of Ultrarunner Courtney Dauwalter". 8 October 2019.
- "Dream Kit: Courtney Dauwalter's Moab 240 Head-To-Toe Gear". 11 December 2017.
- "George Mallory Award". Wasatch Mountain Film Festival. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "Courtney Dauwalter Breaks UTMB Record To Win", Trail Runner Mag, Outside, August 30, 2021
- "How Courtney Dauwalter Won the Moab 240 Outright", Trail Runner Magazine, Outside, October 19, 2017