Cris Morena Group
|Industry||Telenovelas, music, live concerts, merchandising|
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Cris Morena (CEO)|
|Website||Cris Morena Group|
Cris Morena Group is a production company, in charge of creating mostly youth programming and formats. Founded in 2002 by Cris Morena, it is one of the main production companies in Argentina and is based in Buenos Aires. Unlike other production companies, Cris Morena Group not only devises TV formats, but also generates ancillary businesses such as CDs, magazines, licenses, musicals and theatrical productions.
Most CMG productions are co-produced with RGB Entertainment, with the exception of Rebelde Way and Rincón de Luz which were co-produced by Israeli company Dori Media. CMG is responsible for the creative part of the projects while RGB is in charge of the business, contracts and finances.
Cris Morena Group was temporarily closed for two years. Its comeback production is weekly youth-oriented fiction Aliados, co-produced with Telefe.
See Rebelde Way.
- Year: 2002-2003
- Main Cast: Benjamin Rojas, Camila Bordonaba, Luisana Lopilato, Felipe Colombo, Catherine Fulop, Martin Seefeld, Boy Olmni.
- Notes: Originally broadcast in Canal 9 and America 2. Co-produced by Dori Media. Format adapted in Mexico, India, Brazil, Portugal and Chile.
See Rincon de Luz.
- Year: 2003
- Main Cast: Soledad Pastorutti, Guido Kaczka.
- Notes: Originally broadcast in Canal 9 and America 2. Co-produced by Dori Media.
- Year: 2004-2005
- Cast: Florencia Bertotti, Isabel Macedo, Juan Gil Navarro, Benjamin Rojas, Fabio DiTomasso
- Notes: Originally broadcast in Canal 13. Co-produced alongside RGB Entertainment. Rebroadcast around the world by Disney Channel. Format adapted in Brazil, Mexico, Chile and Colombia.
- Year: 2005
- Cast: Romina Yan, Damian de Santo
- Notes: Morena's first sitcom and primetime show, aired at Telefe in 2005. Format was successfully adapted in Mexico and in Russia. Co-produced alongside RGB Entertainment.
- Year: 2006
- Cast: Benjamin Rojas, Fabian Mazzei, Luisana Lopilato, Mariano Martinez, Nicolas Vazquez, Isabel Macedo
- Notes: Aired at Telefe in 2006. Co-produced with RGB Entertainment.
- Year: 2007-2010
- Cast: Nicolas Vazquez, Emilia Attias, Mariano Torre, Julia Calvo, Gimena Accardi, Jimena Barón, Mariana Esposito, Eugenia Suarez, Peter Lanzani, Gaston Dalmau, Nico Riera.
- Notes: Aired at Telefe between 2007 and 2010, with four seasons.
- Year 2013
- Cast Peter Lanzani, Pablo Martinez
- Notes: Cris Morena return to production after a two year hiatus. Co-produced with Telefe.
- Year: 2001
- Cast: Romina Yan, Facundo Arana, Felipe Colombo, Camila Bordonaba, Luisana Lopilato, Benjamin Rojas, Agustin Sierra, Nadia Di Cello and many others.
See 4 Caminos.
- Year: 2004
- Cast: Felipe Colombo, Camila Bordonaba, Luisana Lopilato, Benjamin Rojas, Rolly Serrano
- Production: Yair Dori International, RGB Entertainment
- Note: Music from Erreway's album Memoria is used in this movie.
Cris Morena started her successful career as a songwriter in 1980 and since then she has written a formidable number of hits for reowned artists as Sergio Denis, Cae[disambiguation needed], Sandra Mihanovich and Flavia Palmiero - to name a few. She has also written songs for big-time television shows such as Ritmo de la noche, Mi familia es un dibujo, Jugate conmigo, Cebollitas, Floricienta, Chiquititas, Verano del 98, Rebelde Way and Alma Pirata, among many others.
Her songs have been chart-topping hits not just in Argentina, but also in Latin America, Asia and Europe. Cris Morena has over 500 songs registered under her name and she is one of most successful and prolific author of music for children and teenagers of the last couple decades.