|Population||399 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Geelong|
Curlewis Post Office opened on 1 November 1866 and closed in 1973. In 1900 the area had its own football team. Coryule Homestead, located in McDermott Road, is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.
The suburb of Curlewis underwent significant growth in 2010 when the Curlewis Urban Growth Area began construction. This development includes Bayview on the Bellarine, Curlewis Parks, Baywater Estate, Bellaview Estate and Coriyule Estate. Over 650 lots have been developed to date in the Jetty Road Urban Growth Area.
Centennial Boulevard is home to the Curlewis shopping centre which features Woolworths, a medical centre, pharmacy and other shops. This is located within the Neighbourhood Activity Centre with a proposed total of 7000sqm of retail space, a community centre and childcare service
In the east of the suburb there is the new Percy Cherry Park, adjacent to Griggs Creek which flows past Clifton Springs Primary School into the bay. To the south of Curlewis is the Bellarine Rail Trail. Golfers play at the Curlewis Golf Club on Portarlington Road.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Curlewis (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2007-10-01.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- "Negative - Curlewis, Victoria, 1900". Museum Victoria Collections. 1988-06-27. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- "Coriyule Homestead (H0272)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Curlewis Growth Area". Bayview Central. 2014-08-01. Retrieved 2015-09-24.
- "Jetty Road Urban Growth Plan" (PDF). geelongaustralia.com.au. City of Greater Geelong. 2007-06-26. Retrieved 2015-09-24.
- Fowles, Shane (19 August 2015). "Curlewis Shopping Centre Officially Opens". Geelong Advertiser. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- Golf Select, Curlewis, retrieved 2009-05-11
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|