This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Network security, Computer Security, antivirus, computer software|
|Founder||Hemal Patel |
|Products||Firewall, Unified Threat Management for network security, Cyberoam Central Console for centralized security management, Cyberoam iView for centralized visibility, Cyberoam NetGenie for secure homes and small offices|
Number of employees
|550+ (Q3 2014)|
The company offers User Identity-based network security in its Firewalls/ Unified Threat Management appliances, allowing visibility and granular control into users' activities in business networks. For SOHO, SMB and large enterprise networks, this ensures security built around the network user for protection against APTs, insider threats, malware, hacker, and other sophisticated network attacks.
Cyberoam has sales offices in North America, EMEA and APAC. The company has its customer support and development centers in India and has 550+ employees across the globe. It has a channel-centric approach for its sales with a global network of 4500+ partners. The company also conducts training programs for its customers and partners.
Cyberoam’s product range offers network security (Firewall and UTM appliances), centralized security management (Cyberoam Central Console appliances), centralized visibility (Cyberoam iView ), and Cyberoam NetGenie for home and small office networks.
Cyberoam network security appliances include multiple features like Firewall – VPN (SSL VPN & IPSec), Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware & Anti-Spam, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Content & Application Filtering, Web Application Firewall, Application Visibility & Control, Bandwidth Management, Multiple Link Management for Load Balancing and Gateway Failover, over a single platform.
Identity based Security- Layer 8 Technology
Cyberoam's Layer 8 Technology also known as Identity based Security, adds an 8th Layer (HUMAN layer) in the network protocol stack, thereby considering user’s identity as part of the firewall rule matching criteria. Cyberoam attaches user identity to security while authenticating, authorizing & auditing (AAA), the network allowing a network administrator to see and control the ‘user’ on a network instead of just an IP address. This enables the administrators to identify users, control Internet activity of users in the network, set user based policies and reporting by username.
Cyberoam Security Training Academy
Cyberoam has tied up with NESCOT (North East Surrey College of Technology) -its first Master UK Training Academy. NESCOT offers Cyberoam certified security courses which includes basic-level course namely 'CCNSP' (Cyberoam Certified Security Professional) and advanced-level course namely 'CCNSE' (Cyberoam Certified Security Expert).
Security flaw in HTTPS traffic inspection
A Tor Project researcher and a Google software security engineer revealed in July 2012 that all Cyberoam appliances with SSL traffic inspection capabilities had been using the same self-generated CA certificate by default.
This made it possible to intercept traffic from any victim of a Cyberoam device with any other Cyberoam device - or, indeed, to extract the key from the device and import it into other DPI deep packet inspection devices, and use those for interception.
Cyberoam issued an over-the-air (OTA) update for its unified threat management (UTM) appliances in order to force the devices to use unique certificate authority (CA) SSL certificates when intercepting SSL traffic on corporate networks. After the hotfix was applied, each individual appliance was required to have its unique CA certificate.
- Sophos Acquires Cyberoam Technologies - Cyberoam Press Release, 10 Feb 2014
- UTM Reviews - By Peter Stephenson, SC Magazine, 1 December 2011
- Cyberoam to increase partner base by 25% before March 2012 - By ChannelWorld Bureau, 22 Feb 2012
- Cyberoam CR1000ia-Product Review - By Peter Stephenson, SC Magazine, 5 Jan 2012
- Cyberoam Layer 8 Technology - MintmTEC
- Cyberoam Layer 8 Technology Archived 2014-01-15 at the Wayback Machine - ESDS Forums, 29 December 2011
- Cyberoam UTM Appliance Family Archived 2013-05-31 at the Wayback Machine - ICSA Labs, 2011
- Cyberoam Certified Network & Security Professional (CCNSP) Archived 2014-09-21 at the Wayback Machine - CourseKing, Nescot
- Cyberoam CCNSE training - VCW Security
- TOR project uncovers flaw in mass-surveillance appliance - By Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing, 3 July 2012
- Cyberoam deep packet inspection and certificates - By Nathan Willis, LWN, 11 July 2012
- Cyberoam updates UTM certs to avoid traffic snooping - By Darren Pauli, SC Magazine Australia, 11 July 2012
- Cyberoam’s Proactive Steps in HTTPS Deep Scan Inspection Archived 2013-05-07 at the Wayback Machine - Cyberoam Blog, 9 July 2012
- Cyberoam Fixes SSL Snooping Hole in Network Security Appliances - By Lucian Constantin, IDG News Service, 9 Jul 2012