Cypriot First Division (women)
|Number of teams||8|
|Level on pyramid||1|
|Domestic cup(s)||Cypriot Women's Cup,|
Cypriot Women's Super Cup
|International cup(s)||UEFA Champions League|
|Current champions||Barcelona FA (1st title) |
|Most championships||Apollon Limassol (9 titles)|
The Cypriot First Division is the top division of women's football in Cyprus. It has been running since its establishment by the Cyprus Football Association (C.F.A) and its originator Mr. Tassos Katsikidis (vice-president of the board) during the 1998–99 season.
The winning team of the league qualifies for a spot in the UEFA Women's Champions League. Although a Cypriot team entered the Champions League every year from 2003–04 onwards, in 2008–09 Apollon Limassol became the first team to win a point in those competitions. There is no second league in Cyprus as of 2014, thus there is no relegation in place.
The league will features ten teams.
List of champions
Champions so far are:
Performance by club
- "Women's football across the national associations (2013/14)" (PDF). UEFA. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Cyprus – List of Women Champions". RSSSF. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Apollon wins sixth title in a row" (in Greek). apollon365.com. 9 February 2014. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Apollon wins seventh title in a row" (in Greek). apollon.com.cy. 2 March 2015. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- 15 February 2016. "Η Άντρη Βιολάρη (αριστερά με τη φανέλα της Εθνικής μας) αναδείχτηκε πρώτη σκόρερ. (Eighth consecutive title for Apollon Ladies)" (in Greek). Retrieved 25 February 2016.[permanent dead link]