|Parent||Arriva UK Bus|
|Service area||East Midlands
|Service type||Bus services|
|Chief executive||Simon Mathison|
Arriva Midlands North
In September 1981 Midland Red North was formed with 230 buses operating from six depots in Shropshire, Staffordshire and the West Midlands as part of the breakup of the Midland Red bus company. In May 1983 the Ludlow depot was closed. In January 1988 Midland Red North was sold to the Drawlane Transport Group. In November 1992 it was sold to British Bus which in August 1996 was sold to the Cowie Group.
In 2003 the Arriva Midlands North garages in Crewe, Macclesfield and Winsford were transferred to Arriva North West. The remaining parts of Arriva Midlands North were combined with Arriva Derby and Arriva Fox County to form Arriva Midlands. Buses still operate with Arriva Midlands North legal name (except Burton upon Trent which uses Stevensons of Uttoxeter).
In February 2007 the business of Chase Coaches was purchased with 27 buses with operations integrated into Arriva's Cannock depot. In late 2007 a new ChaseLinx brand (similar to the Leicester Linx brand below) was introduced, reflecting the purchase of Chase Coaches.
In December 2007 Swadlincote depot closed with operations transferred to Burton upon Trent. In August 2008 the Hinckley depot and services were sold to Centebus Holdings. In January 2009 Shifnal depot closed while in the same month Bridgnorth reopened.
In December 2010 the business of Wardle Transport, Stoke-on-Trent was purchased with 64 buses, followed in June 2011 by the Staffordshire operations of D&G Bus with 30 buses that was integrated with Wardle Transport and in August 2012 Midland of Wednesfield from D&G Bus with 61 buses.
In April 2016, Arriva confirmed it was in talks to sell its Burton upon Trent based services to Midland Classic. The deal took effect on 27 August 2016 with 30 buses and 80 staff transferring.
On 23 April 2017 the Wednesfield depot closed with some services sold to Diamond Bus with nine vehicles and the remainder allocated to other depots. The depot had only reopened in March 2013 after a refurbishment.
Arriva Fox County
In September 1981 Midland Red East was formed with 181 buses operating from five depots in Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire as part of the breakup of the Midland Red bus company, and in January 1984 was renamed Midland Fox. In 1987 it was privatised in a management buyout. Several smaller operators including Loughborough Bus & Coach Company were purchased and in 1989 it was sold to the Drawlane Group. In November 1992 it was sold to British Bus which in August 1996 was sold to the Cowie Group and later renamed Arriva Fox County.
In 9 September 2013, Centrebus Group sold its shares in Centrebus Holdings to Arriva which included depots and services in West Yorkshire along with the operations based in Hinckley which are now trading as Hinckley Bus and are again a part of Arriva Midlands, having been sold to Centrebus Holdings in 26 August 2008.
Hinckley Bus operate a number of Leicestershire County Council tendered bus services to villages that surround Hinckley including Burbage and Sharnford, Thurlaston, along with commercially operated services to Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Barwell, Rugby, Leicester and Tamworth.
Arriva Midlands operate nine depots as of April 2017 in:
In 2017 the Wednesfield depot closed due to loss of most Transport for West Midlands contracted services. Commercially run routes 35, and 35A were moved to Cannock Depot, while routes 10, 10A, and 10B were transferred to Telford Depot.
- Companies House extract company no 2141078 Arriva Midlands Limited formerly Arriva Fox County Limited formerly Midland Fox Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1556305 Arriva Midlands North Limited formerly Midland Rd (North) Limited
- Midland Red Depots Archived 3 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine. MidlandRed.net
- Companies House extract company no 2756785 Burroughs Hill Limited formerly Drawlane Transport Group plc
- Arriva Midlands History Archived 28 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Arriva
- Cowie Group plc and British Bus Group Limited: A report on the merger situation Competition Commission 31 October 1996
- Principal operating subsidiaries of British Bus Competition Commission 1997
- Arriva acquires Chase Coaches Archived 8 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Bus & Coach Professional 27 February 2007
- Centrebus Herts & Beds Oxford & Chilterns Bus Page 31 August 2008
- Arriva Midlands announces acquisition of Wardle Transport Arriva 8 December 2010
- Arriva boosts Midlands bus operation with Wardle Transport purchase Transport Xtra 9 December 2010
- Arriva Midlands acquires D&G Archived 1 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Bus & Coach Professional 10 June 2011
- D&G Buses bought by Arriva - owners blame subsidy cuts for sale The Sentinel 11 June 2011
- Arriva Midlands to expand operations in the West Midlands Arriva 10 August 2012
- D&G Bus to takeover Wardle Transport routes
- D&G buys Wardle Transport Bus & Coach Buyer 18 March 2015
- "D&G Bus" Buses issue 723 June 2015 page 84
- Arriva in talks to sell Burton bus services to Midland Classic Burton Mail 26 April 2016
- Arriva plans sale of Burton operation to Midland Classic Route One 27 April 2016
- "Arriva transfers Burton operation to Midland Classic" Coach & Bus Week issue 1255 30 August 2016 page 6
- Rotala signs deal with Arriva to take on Wednesfield operation Rotala 24 March 2017
- Diamond takes on Arriva Wednesfield Bus & Coach Buyer 24 March 2017
- Arriva Wednesfield depot reopens Coach & Bus Week 3 April 2013
- Arriva Midlands - In Derby The Derby Bus Depot
- Derby Corporation Transport 1899 - 1986 Peter Gould
- Companies House extract company no 1556557 Foxhound Limited formerly Midland Fox Limited formerly Midland Red (East) Limited
- Centrebus (Holdings) Limited Arriva 9 September 2013
- Arriva takes joint venture control Archived 22 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Bus & Coach Professional 12 September 2013
- Hinckley Bus Arriva
- Contracted bus routes (3 - 25) Leicestershire County Council
- Contracted Bus Routes (113 - 162 & Miscellaneous Services Leicestershire County Council
- Arriva Midlands UK Buses