|San Antonio Spurs|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
12 November 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42nd overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|2007–2008||ASK Kadeti II|
|2009||BK Keizarmezs Riga|
|2014–2016||Laboral Kutxa Baskonia|
|2016–present||San Antonio Spurs|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dāvis Bertāns (born 12 November 1992) is a Latvian professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He also represents the Latvian national team. He was selected with the 42nd pick in the 2011 NBA draft by the Indiana Pacers.
In 2007–08, Bertāns played for ASK Kadeti II. Between 2008 and 2010, he played for BAA Riga of Latvia's second division. During this time, he also had two stints in the top division with ASK Riga at the end of the 2008–09 season, and with BK Keizarmezs Riga at the start of the 2009–10 season.
After starting the 2010–11 season with BK Barons, in November 2010, Bertāns signed a multi-year deal with Slovenian club Union Olimpija. Following the 2010–11 season, Bertāns was selected by the Indiana Pacers with the 42nd overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. However, his rights were immediately traded to the San Antonio Spurs.
Bertāns returned to the court on 20 March 2014 against Maccabi Tel Aviv, helping his team get a hard-fought Euroleague Top 16 win against the favoured visitors by contributing two points, two rebounds and one assist in 15 minutes of action. Eight days later, on 28 March 2014, Dāvis scored team-high 20 points in a road Euroleague Top 16 loss to Lokomotiv-Kuban. Partizan ended the season by winning its 13th and Dāvis' third consecutive Serbian League title, defeating rivals Crvena Zvezda 3–1 in the finals series. On 3 July 2014, Bertāns terminated his contract with the club.
Laboral Kutxa Baskonia
On 26 March 2015, in a game against Emporio Armani Milano, Bertāns tore the ACL in his right knee, the same injury that sidelined him in 2013. He was subsequently ruled out for six to eight months. Over 22 Euroleague games, he averaged 11.0 points and 2.9 rebounds per game, while also averaging 11.4 points in 25 games of the Spanish League. In Laboral Kutxa Baskonia's very next game following Bertāns' injury, a Spanish League contest versus Valencia BC, each Baskonia player wore Bertāns' number 42 in a show of support for their sidelined teammate.
On 14 July 2016, Bertāns and Baskonia agreed on a contract buyout.
San Antonio Spurs
Latvian national team
Bertāns' older brother, Dairis, is also a professional basketball player. Their father, Dainis, was a professional basketball player and is currently a youth coach. Their mother is a sports teacher and a former high level rower.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- Prospect Profile: Davis Bertans
- "Union Olimpija signs top prospect Bertans". Euroleague.net. 14 November 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Spurs Obtain Draft Rights To Kawhi Leonard". NBA.com. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Partizan Belgrade lands Davis Bertans". Sportando.com. 4 January 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Bertans pokidao ligamente kolena!". b92.net (in Serbian). 13 June 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Partizan's Davis Bertans won't return before March". Sportando.com. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Partizan rallies to beat Maccabi in closing seconds". Euroleague.net. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Brown, Likhodey lead Lokomotiv to key home win". Euroleague.net. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Ništa novo, Partizan je šampion!". b92.net (in Serbian). 21 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Agent: Bertans raskinuo ugovor". b92.net (in Serbian). 3 July 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Labor [sic] Kutxa signs up Latvian forward Davis Bertans". Baskonia.com. 19 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Laboral Kutxa Vitoria adds shooter Bertans". Euroleague.net. 19 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Laboral's Bertans to miss rest of the season". Euroleague.net. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Bertans definitivno pokidao ACL". b92.net (in Serbian). 27 March 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Dirljiv gest saigrača za Bertansa". b92.net (in Serbian). 29 March 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Davis Bertans, Saski baskonia [sic] agree on contract buyout". Baskonia.com. 14 July 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "SAN ANTONIO SIGNS DAVIS BERTANS". NBA.com. 14 July 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Latvia Roster". FIBA Europe. Retrieved 1 September 2011.