|Genres||House, dance, electronica|
|Occupation(s)||DJ's, Producer, musician|
Daddy’s Groove is an Italian house music group originally composed of Carlo Grieco, Gianni Romano & Peppe Folliero. Gianni Romano left the band in 2015 to focus on his underground moniker From their base in Naples, Italy, they have remixed for artists like Kylie Minogue, Whitney Houston, James Blunt, Enrique Iglesias, B.o.B ft Taylor Swift, Nabiha, The Wanted, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, Angello & Laidback Luke, Louie Vega, Prok & Fitch, Cerrone, Atfc, Michael Canitrot, Norman Doray & Tristan Garner, The Shapeshifters, Quentin Harris and Sandy Rivera.
Career: 2006 – present
The trio formed initially under the moniker "Black Raw" and "Spit". They rapidly switched to Daddy's Groove, who fit better each other's influences.
Daddy's Groove got their first big exposure when Swedish House Mafia's Axwell reached out to them to remix his track "Nothing But Love" which ended being a collab-remix of Axwell and Daddy's Groove. The collaboration climaxed when they got offered to open for Swedish House Mafia's Masquerade Motel in Ibiza.
Soon after, David Guetta got in touch with them for additional production on his album "Nothing But The Beat". They quickly became David Guetta's protégés and got offered to remix his tracks. spawning tracks on Jack Back Records, and having David Guetta remixing one of their tracks "Turn the light downs", closing 2012 in a great way for the trio.
2013 saw them releasing several tracks on Spinnin Records including several Beatport chart-toppers such as Stellar, Hurricane, Vertigo (feat Cryogenix), Unbelievable (ft Rob Adans) and Walking On Air (ft. Dino).
As most of their tracks were doing well, the touring increased. David Guetta booked them for his Ibiza summer residency "Fuck Me I'm Famous" 3 years in a row at Pacha Ibiza and Ushuaia. F*ck me I’m Famous (Pacha Ibiza & Miami).
They also toured extensively around the world,playing in the US, all over Europe, India, China, Japan and Australia. Most of their booking were in supersized clubs such as Ministry Of Sound, Zouk Singapore, Vision Tokyo, Pacha Sydney, Marquee Las Vegas, Story Miami or San Francisco.
They later caught the eye of Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am, who asked them to work on the production of Britney Spears' latest album "Britney Jean". They also did the mixing on one of Lady Gaga's track "Fashion!" on her "Artpop" album.
By the end of 2013 after signing at Ultra Records, they released another hit-track "Surrender" feat Mindshake which saw they popularity increase when David Guetta offered them to join him, Nicky Romero and Afrojack on the mainstage of Belgium's biggest festival Tomorrowland.
2014 kept them on the same string of success, having their tracks "Miners" and "Synthemilk" (with Congorock), reaching the #3 spot on Beatport's top 10. Hitting major festivals during summer such as Global Gathering & Tomorrowland, after another resident season at David Guetta's party, Gianni took a step back from touring to spend some more time in the studio. September saw the trio back on the Beatport & iTunes charts again with their vocal track "Pulse (Ft. Teammate)". David Guetta's album "Listen", released in November, features 7 tracks in which Daddy's Groove are credited for Additional Production & Drums programming.
Daddy's Groove started 2015 with a first release on Steve Aoki's label "Dim Mak" with the track "Pros & iCons". The trio has been locked down in studio with several artists according to their socials networks, including vocalist Luciana. The trio released a follow-up to their single "Synthemilk" with Congorock entitled "Black Sun". 2015 sets a key new deal for Daddy’s as the act works out his own party named “Tribe”, with a weekly residency in the well known Italian Riviera area, as well as abroad over to Amsterdam during A.D.E. Music wise dance scene has just seen Daddy’s latest single hitting worldwide radio stations and charts with the song “Where I Belong” while shortly after, their last track for 2015 "I Stay True" ft Jaxx Da Fishworks came out on Kryder's inprint Sosumi Records.
Kicking off 2016 and their 10 years under the Daddy's Groove moniker, and returning to Spinnin' Records, the Italian duo released WOW! ft. Kris Kiss. Shortly after they revealed "Back to 94" ft. Cimo Frankel a pop oriented track, bringing back the nostalgia of the 90's which reached over 300k views on Spinnin' records' YouTube channel in just 2 days.. The guys are already working on another string of tracks to be released this year and are now preparing for Miami Music Week where Daddy's Groove will be playing alongside Bob Sinclar, Kryder, David Guetta and many more.
- 2007 – Falling (Daddy's Groove Vocal Mix) (Feat. Spit)
- 2008 – Alma Mia (Don't Be Afraid) (Feat. Boogie Fresh)
- 2010 – Kiss My Agony (with Bob Sinclar)
- 2010 – Rendez-Vous
- 2011 - In My Head (with David Guetta Feat. Nervo)
- 2012 – Crazy (Wild World) (Feat. Skin)
- 2012 – Fairytale (with Little Mark Feat. Lady IM)
- 2012 – Turn The Lights Down (David Guetta Re-work)
- 2012 – It's Not Right But It's Okay (with Little Nancy)
- 2012 – Power 2 The People
- 2012 – P.I.M.P
- 2013 – Stellar
- 2013 – Hurricane
- 2013 – Vertigo (with Cryogenix)
- 2013 – Tilt (with Cryogenix)
- 2013 – Walking On Air (with Dino)
- 2013 – Unbelievable (with Rob Adans)
- 2013 - Surrender (with Mindshake ft. Iossa)
- 2014 - Miners
- 2014 - Synthemilk (with Congorock)
- 2014 - Big Love To The Bass (with Nari & Milani)
- 2014 - BlackOut (with Cryogenix)
- 2014 - Pulse (feat Teammate)
- 2014 - Back (feat Mindshake)
- 2014 - Workaholics (free download)
- 2015 - Pros & iCons
- 2015 - Black Sun
- 2015 - Where I Belong
- 2015 - I Stay True (feat. Jaxx Da Fishworks & $andhiv)
- 2016 - WOW! (with Mindshake ft. Kris Kiss)
- 2016 - Back To 94 (ft Cimo Fränkel)
- 2016 - Tribe (ft Steve Biko)
- 2016 - Scratchin' (with Promise Land)
- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Daddy's+Groove. Retrieved 18 July 2012. Missing or empty
- http://pittbuhl.com/daddys-grove/. Retrieved 18 July 2012. Missing or empty
- http://www.testpressing.it/daddys-groove-f-me-im-famous-pacha-ibiza/. Retrieved 18 July 2012. Missing or empty