Danny Roberts (The Real World)
July 19, 1977 |
|Alma mater||University of Georgia|
|Known for||The Real World: New Orleans|
|Spouse(s)||Wes Pereria (m. 2013)|
Prior to beginning the show, he had recently begun a relationship with Paul Dill, a US Army captain stationed in Vicenza, Italy. Because of the U.S. Military "Don't ask, don't tell" policy toward homosexuals, Paul's face was obscured on TV and much national attention was brought to the issue. In early 2004, MTV aired a special where Paul (then out of the military) revealed his face for the first time and the policy and its effects were discussed. In November 2006, Roberts announced in The Advocate magazine that he and Dill had split up.
Post Real World
Roberts spoke at schools across the country on diversity in sexuality, coming out, public policy, and the military's "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy for several years after his first TV appearance in addition to other LGBTQ advocacy work.
After spending 10 years in New York and Seattle, Roberts returned to Atlanta, Georgia, where he works in human resource recruiting for an email software company called MailChimp, where he worked from 2014 until 2017. He previously worked as a recruiter for Redfin, a residential real estate company. As of 2017, Roberts is a Senior Talent Recruiter at Wayfair, the online retailer, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- DTLA (2012)
- Reality TV Secrets Revealed (2004)
- MTV News: Out in the Real World (2003)
- Boys Briefs 2 (2002)
- Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2002)
- Dawson's Creek - Episode: Coming Home (2000) French Exchange Student
- The Real World: New Orleans (2000)
- Camacho, Christin (19 September 2013). "The Real World: New Orleans' Danny Roberts: Where Is He Now? Redfin!". Redfin Real-Time. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Krebbs, Emily (March 31, 2004). "Cast member of MTV's Real World advocates gay rights". Collegiate Times. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Tipton, Nathan G. (2004), "American Television, Reality Shows", glbtq.com, archived from the original on 2007-11-14, retrieved 2007-10-25
- Towle, Andy (9 November 2006). "Real World's Danny Roberts and Military Boyfriend Split - Towleroad". Towleroad. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Kramer, Gary M. (2006). Independent Queer Cinema: Reviews and Interviews. Psychology Press. pp. 110–112. ISBN 9781560233435. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Top 15 Gay REality Stars After Elton, April 5, 2009
- Pombo, James (March 17, 2016). "Where Are The LGBT "Real World" Housemates Now?". LOGO News. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Ryan, Adrian (May 5, 2016). "Two Men and a Little Lady". Jetspace Magazine. Retrieved 26 July 2017.