|Municipality of Diadi|
Map of Nueva Vizcaya with Diadi highlighted
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|Barangays||19 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Norma U. Miguel|
|• Electorate||9,867 voters (2016)|
|• Total||181.20 km2 (69.96 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)78|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||73,269,835.66 (2016)|
Diadi is politically subdivided into 19 barangays.
- San Luis (boundery of Cordon, Isabela)
- San Pablo
- Villa Aurora
- Villa Florentino
|Population census of Diadi|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
On January 11, 2008, the Cagayan Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) stated that tilapia production grew and Cagayan Valley is now the Philippines’ tilapia capital. Production supply grew 37.25% since 2003, with 14,000 metric tons (MT) in 2007. The recent aquaculture congress found that the growth of tilapia production was due to government interventions: provision of fast-growing species, accreditation of private hatcheries to ensure supply of quality fingerlings, establishment of demonstration farms, providing free fingerlings to newly constructed fishponds, and the dissemination of tilapia to Nueva Vizcaya (in Diadi town). Former cycling champion Lupo Alava is a multi-awarded tilapia raiser in Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya. Chairman Thompson Lantion of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, a retired two-star police general, has fishponds in La Torre, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya. Also, Nueva Vizcaya Gov. Luisa Lloren Cuaresma also entered into similar aquaculture endeavors in addition to tilapia production.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Nueva Vizcaya". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Nueva Vizcaya". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Abs-Cbn Interactive, Cagayan Valley country’s tilapia capital
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diadi, Nueva Vizcaya.|