Don't Let This Moment End
|"Don't Let This Moment End"|
|Single by Gloria Estefan|
|from the album gloria!|
|Released||November 3, 1998|
CD maxi single
7" vinyl single
12" vinyl single
|Writer(s)||G. Estefan, E. Estefan Jr., L. Dermer, R. Blades|
|Gloria Estefan singles chronology|
The song was recorded in two languages, English and French. The title of the song in French is "Que Ça Ne Finisse Jamais" and is only available on the Gloria! European edition of the album as a bonus track.
This single became a smash hit on the dance charts, almost peaking at the top of charts for that field. Also thanks to the song, Gloria Estefan was nominated for the second consecutive time for a Grammy Music Award for "Best Dance Recording", but lost to Cher's smash hit "Believe".
The B-side to this single was "70's Moment Medley" recorded especially for this single release, on which Estefan sang covers of disco songs. On that medley Estefan included:
- "I Thought It Took a Little Time"
- "If I Can't Have You"
- "This Time Baby"
- "Don't Leave Me This Way"
- "Never Can Say Goodbye"
- "Don't Let This Moment End"
The music video of "Don't Let This Moment End" premiered on November 3, 1998 and was directed by Gustavo Garzon. It features Estefan as some kind of a disco diva in a nightclub. In the video she appears in three different styles and looks. In the beginning Estefan is seen arriving a club in a limousine while photographers outside the club are waiting for her. She poses for them in a diva manner. Inside the club Estefan starts singing, now in a 70s disco look, wearing a big hair with a flower in it. People are dancing around her everywhere. There are disco balls and soap bubbles. In the middle of the video she wears an golden dress and a new hair style. A mysterious man wearing black sunglasses is seen in the crowd of dancing people and apparently Estefan are looking for him, but they never appear together. Towards the end Estefan again changes her look into a more modernistic look, before she is seen leaving the club, with the photographers waiting outside.
|Spain (Top 40 Singles Chart)||9|
|UK (Top 75 Singles Chart)||27|
|US (Billboard Hot 100)||76|
|US (Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary)||30|
|US (Billboard Hot Dance Club Play)||2|
|US (Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales)||4|
- The song was covered by Dj Carlos Gallardo with vocals of Rebeka Brow in 2009, their version went to the Spanish chart to the Top Ten, surpassing Estefan's original version.
- "Gloria Estefan Don't let this moment end". mvdbase.com. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Gloria Estefan - Don't Let This Moment End". youtube.com. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Gloria Estefan - Don't Let This Moment End". billboard.com. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Dance Club Play Songs 1998-12-26". billboard.com. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2009-03-27.