|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Town of Donji Miholjac
Grad Donji Miholjac
|• Mayor||Zoran Kovač (HDSSB)|
|• Town||154 km2 (59 sq mi)|
|Time zone||Central European Time (UTC+1)|
There are seven settlements in the municipality:
- Donji Miholjac, population 6,240
- Golinci, population 431
- Miholjački Poreč, population 183
- Podgajci Podravski, population 651
- Radikovci, population 292
- Rakitovica, population 868
- Sveti Đurađ, population 826
In the late 19th and early 20th century, Donji Miholjac was a district capital in the Virovitica County of the Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia. Its name comes from Saint Michael. During the time of Ancient Rome, it was called Mariniana.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Donji Miholjac". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Osijek-Baranja". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "The history of Donji Miholjac on its official site (Croatian)".
Media related to Donji Miholjac at Wikimedia Commons
|This Osijek-Baranja County geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|