Doug Davis (businessman)
|Born||Douglas J. Davis
March 6, 1974
New York City
|Occupation||Entertainment Lawyer, Sports Agent, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur|
|Education||Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
Syracuse University (BA)
Fordham Law School (JD)
Early life and education
Davis was born in New York City, the son of Clive Davis and Janet Adelberg Davis. He attended Dwight School in New York. Davis graduated from The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University with a degree in Political Science, and from Fordham University School of Law with a Juris Doctor.
Davis is the founder and owner of The Davis Firm, PLLC, a prominent music, entertainment and sports law firm. The Davis Firm focuses primarily on the music industry’s most successful artists, record producers, songwriters, executives, as well as television production companies, video game companies, actors, trend-making contemporary painters. Additionally, Davis is a licensed NBA player agent representing new, star and veteran players, who negotiated Metta World Peace's agreement with the New York Knicks. Davis is also the executive producer of the legendary annual Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala. Davis co-curated along with Roger Gastman Work In Progress, an art gallery and marketplace event from November 27 - December 27, 2015 in Downtown Los Angeles featuring artists Ed Ruscha, John Baldessari, Revok, POSE, Tasya van Ree, Sage Vaughn and others.
A prominent philanthropist, Davis sits on boards of the Music For Youth Foundation, the Forum on Law, Culture & Society, the Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music at New York University and Fuck Cancer. Davis has been a featured speaker at events for ASCAP, Brooklyn Law School, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, the Copyright Society of the USA (CSUSA) and Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. Davis serves on the Executive Committee of the City of Hope National Medical Center, on the Entertainment Committee for the annual Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation Gala and has chaired fundraising events for the UJA-Federation of New York, MusiCares, the Drug Policy Alliance  and Songs Of Hope. Davis has appeared on both The Celebrity Apprentice 4 and All-Star Celebrity Apprentice where Davis made sizable donations to the American Diabetes Association, in honor of his nephew Matthew Reicher who suffers with the disease, and The Center for Head Injury Services in honor of Gary Busey.
Media, Awards and Honors
Davis has been featured in stories in and for The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and ESPN The Magazine, amongst others, and in Jeff Rabhan's book "Cool Jobs In The Music Business". In 2012 The Hollywood Reporter called Davis’s Twitter (@DJD) one of the "Top 5 Music Power" accounts.
Davis has one child, a daughter named Billie.
- Trakin, Roy (May 13, 2013). "L.A. Reid's Son Aaron Makes His A&R Mark at Epic Records". The Hollywood Reporter.
- McCormack, David (February 19, 2013). "Clive Davis". Daily Mail. London.
- Rabhan, Jeff (2013). "Cool Jobs In The Music Business". inTune/Hal Leonard.
- Jackson, Candace (March 15, 2013). "'Looking Out for No. 1". The Wall Street Journal.
- Berman, Marc (July 15, 2013). "Knicks, Metta World Peace have mutual interest". New York Post.
- Beck, Howard (July 15, 2013). "Metta World Peace Finds His Way Back Home". The New York Times.
- Davis, Clive (2013). "The Soundtrack of My Life". Simon & Schuster
- Diehl, Matt (February 2, 2015). "From Aretha Franklin to Puff Daddy, Industry Heavyweights Share Inside Stories From Clive Davis' Legendary Pre-Grammy Gala". Billboard Magazine.
- Halperin, Shirley (November 26, 2015). "'Work In Progress' Pop-Art Marketplace Opens in Downtown L.A.". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Johnson, Richard (September 12, 2014). "The Lawyer Who Could Be The Next Owner Of The Hawks". The New York Post.
- Zwerling, Jared (February 8, 2013). "'Mason Jr. is the NBA's music game-changer". ESPN The Magazine.
- "20 Music Industry Innovators". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "RIVIERA BALLERS MEET HITS ODDBALL". HITS Magazine. November 23, 2015.
- "DAVIS' NEW RELEASE". HITS Magazine. May 11, 2015.