|New York Jets|
|Position:||Offensive coordinator & Quarterbacks coach|
|Born:||October 1, 1980|
|Height:||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight:||183 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Abilene (TX) Cooper|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Dowell Loggains (born October 1, 1980) is an American football coach who is the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). Prior to his hiring with the Jets, he was the offensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans and Chicago Bears, and quarterbacks coach for the Cleveland Browns during Johnny Manziel's rookie year and offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins. He played college football at Arkansas.
Loggains served as the offensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans from 2012–2013 as a part of Mike Munchak's coaching staff. Days after Ken Whisenhunt took over as Titans head coach in 2014, Loggains was informed that he wouldn't remain with the organization. He had previously been the team's quarterbacks coach.
The next year Loggains was looking for a job. He was interviewed for an offensive coordinator job by the New York Giants, but was instead hired by the Bears on January 23, 2015 as quarterbacks coach. Under Loggains' helm, quarterback Jay Cutler had one of his best seasons as he ended 2015 with 3,629 passing yards, 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, and career highs in passer rating (92.3) and completion percentage (64.4). The 11 interceptions were the lowest in his career and resulted in an interception percentage of 2.3, the lowest in a season when he has started at least 12 games, while 21 touchdowns were his second-most since 2011 and the 3,629 yards were the third-most in his career. On third down, Cutler had a 103.2 passer rating (fourth in the NFL) after completing 91 of 141 passes for 1,242 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions. In contrast, against the Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Jimmy Clausen completed 9 of 17 passes for 63 yards, and including sacks, recorded 48 net passing yards, the second time since the 1990 season that the Bears had less than 50 net yards passing. The Bears ended the year with 228.9 passing yards per game, ranked 23rd in the league, with the quarterbacking group having a combined 63.9 completion percentage and 2.3 interception percentage, both of which ranked third in team history, along with 3,843 gross passing yards and a 42.5 third down percentage (fourth), 3,660 net passing yards (fifth), along with 5,514 total net yards and an 89.7 passer rating (sixth).
Loggains was promoted to offensive coordinator on January 11, 2016 when Adam Gase left the position to become the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. The Bears struggled during Loggains' tenure as OC, with a November 2017 ranking by ESPN placing him dead last among 32 playcallers, while the offense ended the 2017 season averaging just 16.5 points per game (29th in the league). After head coach John Fox was fired, Loggains reunited with Gase in Miami, landing another offensive coordinator position.
- Titans fire offensive coordinator Chris Palmer
- Florio, Mike (January 23, 2015). "Bears add Dowell Loggains, Glenn Pires". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "Chicago Bears Season in Review". Foxsports.com. January 5, 2016. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Kaberon, Eli (January 6, 2016). "By the Numbers: 2015". Chicago Bears. Archived from the original on January 8, 2016. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Stoltz, Jeremy (January 7, 2016). "Bears 2015 Season Review: Quarterback". Scout.com. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Poupart, Alain (January 11, 2016). "INSIDE THE NUMBERS: Adam Gase". Miami Dolphins. Archived from the original on January 12, 2016. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (January 22, 2016). "Bears offense in NFL Rankings". Chicago Bears. Archived from the original on January 24, 2016. Retrieved January 23, 2016.
- "Lockett return ignites Seattle to 26-0 win over Chicago". ESPN. September 27, 2015. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (February 5, 2016). "Long, Slauson part of versatile o-line". Chicago Bears. Archived from the original on February 6, 2016. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Wiederer, Dan (January 11, 2016). "Dowell Loggains named new Bears offensive coordinator". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Eurich, Matt. "Dowell Loggains named worst playcaller in the NFL". 24/7 Sports. 24/7 Sports. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Emma, Chris (January 3, 2018). "Reports: Dowell Loggains To Be Hired As Dolphins Offensive Coordinator". WBBM-TV. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- ESPN news services (January 3, 2018). "OC Dowell Loggains to reunite with Adam Gase in Miami, source says". ESPN. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- "Dowell Loggains Named Jets' Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach". www.newyorkjets.com. Retrieved January 23, 2019.