|General Secretary||Melina Daskalakis|
|Preceded by||The Liberals (Greece)|
|Headquarters||98Α, Vasilissis Sofias Avenue, 11528, Athens|
|European affiliation||Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe|
|European Parliament group||No MEPs|
|Slogan||Citizens, not clients|
0 / 300
0 / 22
39 / 725
Drassi (Greek: Δράση, "Action") is a liberal minor political party in Greece. The party was founded in 2009 by Stefanos Manos and is led by former New Democracy member Theodoros Skylakakis. The party has no representation in the Hellenic Parliament or European Parliament. Drassi is a member of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) party.
Stefanos Manos left New Democracy (ND) in 1999 to found The Liberals, before later running on ND and Panhellenic Socialist Movement (PASOK) electoral lists in 2000 and 2004 respectively. Unlike The Liberals, Drassi was not founded as an expressly liberal party, but claims to espouse "common sense" as an ideological basis.
In the May 2012 legislative election, Drassi ran in electoral alliance with the Liberal Alliance. It won 1.8% of the vote finishing twelfth overall, directly behind the Democratic Alliance and Recreate Greece, which both had similar liberal ideologies to Drassi. Ahead of new elections in June 2012 legislative election, Drassi and the Liberal Alliance formed an electoral pact with Recreate Greece, while the Democratic Alliance, which they had also approached, refused to join them and ran on the New Democracy list instead.
On 5 January 2015, Drassi's leader Skylakakis and the leader of The River party, Stavros Theodorakis, gave a press conference announcing a joint electoral list for the January 2015 legislative election.
Drassi is in favor of a small and flexible government through the decrease of the portion of Greek government expenses the party considers unnecessary. Moreover, the party supports privatizations of public assets, using the proceeds for the repayment of undervalued Greek debt in secondary capital markets.
|May 2012||Hellenic Parliament||75.428||1.80%*||0|
|June 2012||Hellenic Parliament||98,050||1.59%**||0|
- "Leader of liberal Drassi sees ND and PASOK disappearing", Kathimerini, 10 May 2012, retrieved 25 May 2012
- The counselors of the Regions.
- Claudia Wiesner; Meike Schmidt-Gleim (2014). The Meanings of Europe: Changes and Exchanges of a Contested Concept. Routledge. p. 143. ISBN 978-1-134-45852-3.
- Takis S. Pappas (2014). Populism and Crisis Politics in Greece. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 59. ISBN 978-1-137-41058-0.
- "Δράση. Περιβάλλον Παιδεία Πολιτισμός - ΚΟΙΝΗ ΛΟΓΙΚΗ". Drassi.gr. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Parties forge alliances ahead of June vote". Kathimerini. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Bakoyannis returns to ND fold". Kathimerini. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Συνεργασία της Δημιουργίας Ξανά με τη Δράση στις ευρωεκλογές". in.gr. 2014-04-22. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Drassi leader urges party members to stand with Potami". Kathimerini. 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "Liberal Drassi party joins forces with To Potami in upcoming general elections". 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "Δράση. Περιβάλλον Παιδεία Πολιτισμός - Οικονομία". Drassi.gr. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "There are all too many alternatives". The Economist. 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "Greek Politicians Debate Election Disaster: 'If We Leave the Euro, Everything Will Be Worse'". Spiegel online. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Official website (in Greek)