Driftwood Township, Jackson County, Indiana
Location in Jackson County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.3 sq mi (73 km2)|
|• Land||27.66 sq mi (71.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.64 sq mi (1.7 km2) 2.26%|
|Elevation||571 ft (174 m)|
|• Density||31.1/sq mi (12.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453266|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.3 square miles (73 km2), of which 27.66 square miles (71.6 km2) (or 97.74%) is land and 0.64 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 2.26%) is water. The stream of Mill Creek runs through this township.
- Brownstown Township (northeast)
- Grassy Fork Township (east)
- Monroe Township, Washington County (south)
- Jefferson Township, Washington County (southwest)
- Carr Township (west)
The township contains four cemeteries: Empson, Harrell, Peters and Smith.
- "Driftwood Township, Jackson County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.