Freetown is an unincorporated census-designated place in Pershing Township, Jackson County, Indiana.
Freetown was platted in 1850. A post office was established at Freetown in 1850.
The Frank Wheeler Hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
Freetown is located at 38°58′23″N 86°07′46″W / 38.97306°N 86.12944°W.
U.S. Decennial Census
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Freetown, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ History of Jackson County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present, with Biographical Sketches, Notes, Etc., Together with an Extended History of the Northwest, the Indiana Territory and the State of Indiana. Unigraphic. 1886. p. 443.
- ^ "Jackson County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- ^ National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.