Redding Township, Jackson County, Indiana
Location in Jackson County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.61 sq mi (89.6 km2)|
|• Land||34.06 sq mi (88.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.55 sq mi (1.4 km2) 1.59%|
|Elevation||646 ft (197 m)|
|• Density||124.3/sq mi (48.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453784|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.61 square miles (89.6 km2), of which 34.06 square miles (88.2 km2) (or 98.41%) is land and 0.55 square miles (1.4 km2) (or 1.59%) is water. Lakes in this township include Peters Lake. The streams of Sand Creek and Thompson Slough run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Seymour (northeast edge)
- Peters Switch
- Sand Creek Township, Bartholomew County (north)
- Geneva Township, Jennings County (northeast)
- Spencer Township, Jennings County (east)
- Jackson Township (south)
- Hamilton Township (west)
- Wayne Township, Bartholomew County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Glasson and Riverview.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.