Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line
The Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line is a Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) line in the San Francisco Bay Area that runs from Dublin/Pleasanton to Daly City. It has 18 stations in Dublin, Pleasanton, Castro Valley, San Leandro, Oakland, San Francisco, and Daly City.
BART colors this line blue on maps but does not refer to it by color. It is commonly called the Dublin/Pleasanton line.
Of BART's five lines, the Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line was the most recent rapid transit line to open. Service began when the Dublin/Pleasanton extension opened on May 10, 1997. The West Dublin/Pleasanton infill station was added to the line on February 19, 2011.
SFO/Millbrae extension service
When the SFO/Millbrae extension opened on June 22, 2003, BART extended the Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line to SFO. BART truncated this line back to Daly City and rerouted the Pittsburg/Bay Point line to SFO in its place on February 9, 2004. San Mateo County is not a member of the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, so SamTrans funded the county's BART service. When the extension's lower-than-expected ridership caused SamTrans to accrue deficits, BART agreed to SamTrans' request to operate only this line south of Daly City effective September 12, 2005.
SamTrans and BART reached an agreement in February 2007 in which SamTrans would transfer control and financial responsibility of the SFO/Millbrae extension to BART. In return, BART would receive additional fixed funding from SamTrans and other sources. BART has since again increased service south of Daly City, but this line now terminates at Daly City.
|Date of change||Service south of Daly City|
|June 22, 2003||Daly City–SFO|
|February 9, 2004||none|
|September 12, 2005||Daly City–SFO/Millbrae|
|January 1, 2008||Daly City–Millbrae (evenings/weekends)|
|September 14, 2009||none|
|Dublin / Pleasanton||Dublin / Pleasanton||Alameda||May 10, 1997|
|West Dublin / Pleasanton||February 19, 2011|
|Castro Valley||Castro Valley||May 10, 1997|
|Bay Fair||San Leandro||September 11, 1972|
|West Oakland||September 16, 1974|
|Embarcadero||San Francisco||San Francisco||May 27, 1976|
|Montgomery Street||November 5, 1973|
|Civic Center / UN Plaza|
|16th Street Mission|
|24th Street Mission|
|Daly City||Daly City||San Mateo|
- "Celebrating 40 Years of Service 1972 • 2012 Forty BART Achievements Over the Years" (PDF). Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Ceremony to commemorate new West Dublin/Pleasanton Station planned for Feb. 18". Bay Area Rapid Transit. January 28, 2011. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "BART-SFO Settlement Agreement and Release of Claims" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Commission. February 14, 2007.
- "BART to link to SFO June 22 / After many delays, latest date is firm, transit officials say". San Francisco Chronicle. April 18, 2003. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "BART changing schedule so more go to SFO / Peninsula ridership below expectations, needs a boost". San Francisco Chronicle. February 7, 2004. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "PENINSULA / BART to airport to be cut / Weekend trains to be kept on Peninsula". San Francisco Chronicle. August 11, 2005. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "BART to raise fares, increase train frequency starting Jan. 1". San Francisco Chronicle. December 9, 2007. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "Off-peak service reductions began Monday, September 14th". Bay Area Rapid Transit. September 15, 2009. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
Route map: Google