This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|OPEN Beyond TV|
|Launched||1990–2013 (as 902 TV) |
2013–2018 (as Epsilon TV)
2018–present (as Open TV)
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Audience share||7.7% (between 04 and 10 February 2019, AGB)|
|Formerly called||Epsilon TV (2013–2018)|
|Replaced||902 TV (1990–2013)|
|Sister channel(s)||Plus TV|
|Digea||Channel 6, 8|
|NOVA GR/CY||Channel 111|
|Cosmote TV||Channel 111|
|Cosmote TV||Channel 10|
|Vodafone TV||Channel 7|
|Wind Vision||Channel 11|
|Open TV||Live TV|
It belongs to Radiotelevision S.A. which was sold from Communist Party of Greece to the Cypriot offshore company A-Orizon Media Ltd. under contract came on July 31, 2013 and replaced the 902 (Left) channel. The operation began on September 11, 2013 at 00:10 with broadcast Entertainment Gossip News with presenter Maria Louisa Vourou.
The first station's newscast sent out the same day at 19:30 pm, with main presenter journalist George Karameros. Since October 2013 the channel has a full schedule, including Press News, information, entertainment, cultural and sports programmes. George Tragas for a few months showed the programme State of Siege and subsequently Restricted Area. Also presented programme Without Anesthetic and Sniper. Since September 2014, the main news program has been presented by Lina Klitou. In 2017, the channel was sold to Ivan Savvidis. Filippos Vrionis was the former owner.
The E Channel began broadcasting from its platform Digea on 11 September 2013. On 22 November 2013 the channel joined the Cable platform NOVA Greece at position 114 and NOVA Cyprus at position 613 and from December 15, 2014, and joined the Cable platform of Cosmote TV at position 111. On the afternoon of 8 March 2016 officially launched the E Channel to broadcast in high definition (HD). Also Epsilon TV has been working with New Channel, Extra Channel from Peristeri and Plus TV from Limassol.
The Open TV program "Ευτυχείτε" (Eutixeite, lit. "happenings") and its host Katerina Kainourgiou were criticized due to her and the show's guests ridiculing South Korean pop singers Oh Se-hun, Kang Daniel, V and Jungkook who made it on a list of "the 100 most handsome faces of 2018".
- Στην Dimera Media Investments περνά επίσημα ο τηλεοπτικός σταθμός Epsilon TV (in Greek). Fortune (Greece). 24 November 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- Οριστικοποιήθηκε η εξαγορά του τηλεοπτικού σταθμού Έψιλον από τον Ιβάν Σαββίδη (in Greek). CNN (Greece). 11 August 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- Το OPEN ανοίγει και σας περιμένει - Τι θα δούμε την πρώτη μέρα. news247.gr (in Greek). 23 October 2018. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Ο Ιβάν Σαββίδης αλλάζει τα πάντα στο Epsilon: Δείτε το νέο λογότυπο του σταθμού
- Skarlatos, Theopi (27 May 2016). Written at Athens. "Greek media upheaval hits Mega TV channel". BBC News. London. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Kang, Gyeong-ju (7 January 2019). "객관적으로 못생겼다" 그리스 TV 진행자, 방탄·워너원·엑소 외모 비하. Korea Economic Daily (in Korean). Retrieved 23 April 2019.
|This Greek television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|