Elina Avraamovna Bystritskaya (Russian: Элина Авраамовна Быстрицкая; born 4 April 1928 in Kiev, Soviet Union) is a Soviet and Russian actress best known for her role of Axinia in Sergei Gerasimov's epic screening of Mikhail Sholokhov's novel And Quiet Flows the Don (1958).
Jewish by ethnicity and a native of Kiev, Bystritskaya was chosen to play Axinia by Sholokhov himself over several distinguished candidates, notably Nonna Mordyukova. Before that, she co-starred with Sergey Bondarchuk in the Unfinished Story, an archetypal Socialist Realist film. In the 1960s, Bystritskaya turned to theatre work in the Maly Theatre and her appearances on screen grew sporadic. She was named People's Artist of the USSR in 1978.
20 February 2014 Bystritskaya together with a group of other Ukrainians in Russia appealed to the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych to end the Euromaidan and arrest its participants whom they accused of being anti-Russian and followers of Stepan Bandera.
- 1993 Bravye Parni
- 1992 Proshchalnye Gastroli
- 1991 Sem Dney Posle Ubiystva
- 1967 Nikolay Bauman
- 1966 Dachniki
- 1963 Vse Ostaetsya Lyudyam
- 1958 Dobrovoltsy
- 1958 And Quiet Flows the Don
- 1955 Neokonchennaya Povest
- 1950 V Mirnye Dni
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland;
- 1st class (4 April 2008) – for outstanding contributions to the development of domestic theatrical and cinematic arts, many years of creative activity
- 2nd class (1 April 1998) – for outstanding contribution to the development of national culture and art
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class (1985)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour
- Order of the Badge of Honour, twice
- Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
- Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1964)
- People's Artist of RSFSR (1966)
- People's Artist of USSR (1978)
- People's Artist of the Georgian SSR
- People's Artist of Azerbaijan SSR
- People's Artist of the Kazakh SSR
- Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of culture (2006)
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- Jubilee Medal "Twenty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "Thirty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "Forty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "50 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "60 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "65 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Zhukov Medal
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- A minor planet, 6180 Bystritskaya, is named after her.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elina Bystritskaya.|