Bystritskaya in 1964
Elina Avraamovna Bystritskaya
(Элина Авраамовна Быстрицкая)
4 April 1928
|Died||26 April 2019 (aged 91)|
|Resting place||Novodevichy Cemetery|
|Education||Kiev National I. K. Karpenko-Kary Theatre, Cinema and Television University|
Jewish by ethnicity and a native of Kiev, Bystritskaya was chosen to play Aksinya by Sholokhov himself over several distinguished candidates, notably Nonna Mordyukova. Before that, she co-starred with Sergey Bondarchuk in Fridrikh Ermler´s Unfinished Story, an archetypal Socialist Realist film. In the 1960s, Bystritskaya turned to theatre work in the Maly Theatre and her appearances on screen grew sporadic. She was named People's Artist of the USSR in 1978.
On 20 February 2014 Bystritskaya together with a group of other Ukrainians in Russia appealed to the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych to end the Euromaidan and arrest its participants, whom they accused of being anti-Russian and followers of Stepan Bandera.
- 1950 In Peaceful Time as Lena Alekseyenko
- 1951 Taras Shevchenko as episode
- 1955 Unfinished Story as Yelizaveta Muromtseva
- 1958 And Quiet Flows the Don as Aksinya
- 1958 Volunteers as Olga Teplova
- 1963 All Remains to People as Ksenia Rumyantseva
- 1966 Summer Residents as Julia Filippovna
- 1967 Nikolay Bauman as Maria Fyodorovna Andreyeva
- 1974 Ostrovsky's House as Glafira
- 1991 Seven Days After The Murder Kira Alexandrovna
- 1992 Farewell Tour as train passenger
- 1993 Brave Guys as Nadezhda
- 2004 Saga of the Ancient Bulgars as Olga of Kiev
- 2006 Muhtar's return as Alina Stanislavovna
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland;
- 1st class (4 April 2008) – for outstanding contributions to the development of domestic theatrical and cinematic arts, many years of creative activity
- 2nd class (1 April 1998) – for outstanding contribution to the development of national culture and art
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class (1985)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour
- Order of the Badge of Honour, twice
- Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
- Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1964)
- People's Artist of RSFSR (1966)
- People's Artist of USSR (1978)
- People's Artist of the Georgian SSR
- People's Artist of Azerbaijan SSR
- People's Artist of the Kazakh SSR
- Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of culture (2006)
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- Jubilee Medal "Twenty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "Thirty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "Forty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "50 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "60 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "65 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Zhukov Medal
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- A minor planet, 6180 Bystritskaya, is named after her.
- Правительство РФ вручило награды лауреатам премии в области культуры за 2006 год // Channel One Russia
- Как актриса сделала художественную гимнастику олимпийским видом спорта // Argumenty i fakty
- Элина Быстрицкая: «Выше достоинства для меня привилегий нет» // izbrannoe.com
- Відкритий лист до Президента України
- Главком‹See Tfd›(in Russian)
- "Prominent Russian Actress Elina Bystritskaya Is Dead At 91". Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- Умерла актриса Элина Быстрицкая. Voice of America (in Russian). Retrieved 26 April 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elina Bystritskaya.|