|Former names||The Back Room|
2015 E Riverside Dr|
Austin, TX 78741-1338
|Opened||1992 (as Emo's)|
Emo's, formerly known as The Back Room, is a music and event venue located in Austin, Texas. Emo's got its start as a Houston punk club in 1989, with the Austin location opening in 1992. The Houston location closed its doors in September 2001.
The nightclub is an official South by Southwest Music Festival venue, during which it consists of four stages. The annual Emissions from the Monolith festival relocated to Emo's in 2007. The club closed in December 2011 for reasons unknown, however in September of that same year, a new venue named Emo's East opened up on East Riverside, on the site of the old Back Room venue.
- Schwartz, Eileen (2001-01-01). "Poster Boy". Texas Monthly. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- Gray, Christopher (2007-06-15). "TCB". Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- Christensen, Keith (2001-09-23). "Emo's (Houston) last day". Archived from the original on April 13, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- Pareles, Jon (2007-03-14). "The Times at the South by Southwest Festival". South by Southwest Journal. The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- Phillips, Phillips (2007-02-11). "Emissions From The Monolith 2007". Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- "Emo's Owner on Famed Austin Club's Closure: 'What Makes a Venue Is Not Four Walls'". Billboard. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- Fitzmaurice, Larry (2011-09-29). "Emo's Austin Closing". Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Hernandez, Raoul (2013-02-13). "The Pro's & Cons of Hitchhiking". Retrieved 2013-02-13.