|En Mana Vaanil|
Gokula Krishnan (dialogues)
|Produced by||V. Ravichandran|
|Cinematography||Utpal V. Nayanar|
|Edited by||G. Murali|
En Mana Vaanil (transl. In my heart of sky) is a 2002 Indian Tamil language romantic drama film written and directed by Vinayan and is a remake of his own Malayalam film Oomappenninu Uriyadappayyan (2002). The film stars Jayasurya, Kavya Madhavan who were part of original film, making their debut in Tamil cinema with this film. Vadivelu and Vijayakumar appear in supporting roles.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (January 2023)
A poor mute man Ganesh and a rich deaf-mute girl Thilaka fall in love. Their love is supported by Ganesh's family but is opposed with a vengeance by Thilaka's family. At the same time, Thilaka is pursued by other suitors who are only after her money. Ganesh and Thilaka flee their hometown together, pursued by Thilaka's uncle and suitor. What happens next is the crux of the Story.
- Jayasurya as Ganesh
- Kavya Madhavan as Thilaka
- Vadivelu as Govindan
- Chandrasekhar as Blind street singer
- Mansoor Ali Khan as Gajendran
- Vijayakumar as Rajarathnam, Thilaka's father
- Manivannan as Annamalai
- Rajeev as Parthasarathy
- Charle as Paramasivam
- Vaiyapuri as Azhagusundaram
- Thadi Balaji as Vikram Singh
- Sanjeev as Velu
- Ajay Rathnam as Police inspector
- Bava Lakshmanan as Nomad
- Kovai Sarala as Parvathi
- Sabitha Anand as Ganesh's mother
- Karthika Mathew as Sumathi, Ganesh's sister
- Deepu as Nomad
- Indrajith Sukumaran as Murali
- Anu Anand as Mahesh
- R. S. Shivaji
- Beena Sabu
- Vandar Kuzhazhi Smitha as Prostitute
- Shirley Das as Prostitute
|1.||"Enna Solli Paduvatho"||Palani Bharathi||Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam||4:55|
|2.||"Kuthu Kuthu"||Muthulingam||Karthik, Mano, Sujatha, Surendhar, Harish Rahavendra||4:28|
|3.||"Roatoram"||Mu. Metha||K. J. Yesudas, Shruti Haasan||5:02|
|4.||"Unnai Kannum Pothu"||Palani Bharathi||Hariharan, Karthik||5:54|
|5.||"Unnai Thedi"||Palani Bharathi||Hariharan||5:04|
|6.||"Unnai Thedi" (reprise)||Palani Bharathi||Ilaiyaraaja||5:04|
|7.||"Vayasu Vantha"||Palani Bharathi||Napoleon, Biju, S. N. Surendar, Swarna Latha||4:47|
|8.||"Muthu Muthu"||Palani Bharathi||Karthik, Bhavatharini||5:07|
Sify called it "the most idiotic and lamebrain film made in recent times"; however the critic noted "The silver lining on the otherwise intolerable film is the melodious songs tuned by Illayaraja". Malathi Rangarajan of The Hindu wrote, "Too much of mental and physical trauma on screen could only leave the viewer weary and exasperated". Visual Dasan of Kalki called it the age old story of lovers on the run but praised Ilayaraja's background score and Jayasurya's acting.
- "En Mana Vaanil". Sify. Archived from the original on 2 January 2005. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Enmanavanil". BizHat.com. Archived from the original on 8 March 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2022.
- Mannath, Malini (22 September 2002). "En Mana Vaanile". Chennai Online. Archived from the original on 5 February 2005. Retrieved 19 April 2022.
- "En Mana Vaanill (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Apple Music. 20 May 2002. Archived from the original on 7 January 2023. Retrieved 7 January 2023.
- "En Mana Vaanil". Sify. Archived from the original on 11 April 2022. Retrieved 11 April 2022.
- Rangarajan, Malathi (20 September 2002). "En Mana Vaanil ..." The Hindu. Archived from the original on 25 February 2008. Retrieved 23 July 2020.
- தாசன், விசுவல் (13 October 2003). "என் மன வானில்". Kalki (in Tamil). p. 38. Archived from the original on 25 September 2023. Retrieved 25 September 2023.